aaa Phill, yes, even you get some praise :) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36             06-Mar-00  @  01:53 AM   -   Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Phill, very awesome >New< patches on the Nova mate...a %101 improvement over the old performances bank.

my2pence - include more:

--->aftertouche TO filter

--->mod wheel TO Delay/chorus

the patches are really great, thank you for the quality knob twisting.

R,

V

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/36             07-Mar-00  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

We need more input on the current sound banks and the type of sounds you are looking for.

We are developing new sound banks all the time and feedback as to what YOU want is the key.

Pleae advise your preferences.

Phill@Novation

Message 3/36             10-Mar-00  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Blunted

Well, I wish I had 4 banks to hold all my patches in, but since I don't....

I really like pads out of my nova...synus is just killer, definatly not enough of those in there for my taste
also basses...like no moralies..but there are probably enought basses in there...hmm, I don't seem to mind the patches I got...I like'm

is there a new soundset for the nova?

Message 4/36             12-Mar-00  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

Well Phill, I have thought this long and hard mate. When you look around the competition, you will see companies like Clavia developing software to empower its product users to shape thier own sounds graphically. I speak for all here and I ask that you guide Novation into this realm.

Initial cost are minimal, but the "company shine factor" will be huge with current and prospect buyers in awe. This enables users to harness the full power of the Supernova and Nova's DSP and thier uncanny, warm algorithms.

Please, in the next Novation steering meeting bring this up (and don't take no for an answer   I guarantee splash ads in the 'zines will attract and stir much more attention with the addition of the sound manager software.

Regards,

V

PS if you need guidence as far what the sound mgr sound look/be like, so Clavia's 3.0 software for the Modular. At LEAST, do a proggie that can manange Nova's patches, ala, saving ones' favorites and then adding addtional patches for that "ultimately loaded" Nova.

Message 5/36             12-Mar-00  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

emccay

I couldn't agree more !!

I would also like some more trance sounds like the ones youe came up with before

Thanks

Eric

Message 6/36             12-Mar-00  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

jorcol

Well... I'd like to see more classic analog synth sounds in future banks. Things like Prophets, Juno's, Jupiter's, ARP's... And more in the Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Jarre, Schultze way.

Many thanks
Jordi Coloma

Message 7/36             12-Mar-00  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

Intersesting info...

Some want classics, some whant new...

The pop stuff I'm listenibg to dictates big fat Trance mutha F**kers..

Thats what I'm makin now...If you have any other ideas let me know..

Phill@Novation

Message 8/36             12-Mar-00  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

Sorry about creative spelling...
Phill@Novation

Message 9/36             12-Mar-00  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

daaaaaaaam, Phill wit da aTtiTude mOn!
....and the software idea Phill???????

V

Message 10/36             13-Mar-00  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

intro5pect

I tend to think that most all the sounds that the SN puts out are good ones, but, if your looking for input, I would like to see more "classic" emulations as well. P.S. for those of us without an editor/librarian it would be nice if there was a soundset arranged by order of instruments, for example A000 through say A041 would be basses A042 through A076 would be soft leads and so on.

Message 11/36             13-Mar-00  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

Editors,

See there is a bit of a problem here, I personally would looove to se a unisyn profile...but the memory map changes every time we improve the machine. We hope to have most new features available and additional ones allocated in the next release of the OS for Supernova/Nova. This will mean we can finally publish the memory map details so editors can be written.

I expect this info will be available a month or two after we launch the new versions of the OS.

Phill

Message 12/36             13-Mar-00  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

From the above I gather:

A. The Nova will get a final O/S? Understood since N2 will be out soon.

B. You stated "unisyn"? As in the software? Grrr, please, why depend on other software to do this? Novation products are outstanding, and the software to edit them should follow suit, no less. (see Clavia's sound editor for the Modular, MicroMod for a primary, outstanding example).

R,

V

Message 13/36             14-Mar-00  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

SayerSeely

Link?: Link

big fat Trance mutha F**kers..

Those type of sounds will be great! Hey... that could be the name of a new band!

My favorite patch is Skewed Arp. It is so alive and really changes when the cutoff and resonance are changed. It also changes depending on the octave being played. So any sounds with this type of variation would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, how about some super robotic/synthetic vocoder patches. I have tried to make a few but have not been very sucessful.

Thanks,

Sayer

Message 14/36             14-Mar-00  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

SayerSeely

big fat Trance mutha F**kers..

Those type of sounds will be great! Hey... that could be the name of a new band!

My favorite patch is Skewed Arp. It is so alive and really changes when the cutoff and resonance are changed. It also changes depending on the octave being played. So any sounds with this type of variation would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, how about some super robotic/synthetic vocoder patches. I have tried to make a few but have not been very sucessful.

Thanks,

Sayer

Message 15/36             15-Mar-00  @  08:57 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Andy C

What happened about these drun'n'bass patches you were supposed to be writing? This was months ago??
Have they been written yet... any url?

Message 16/36             15-Mar-00  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Moebius

As Sayer said above, some robotic vocoder patches would be great as I've never been able to get the results I'd hoped for with the Nova.
I seem to be able to make "clean" vocoder sounds easily enough, e.g. Mike Oldfield's "Sheba" but I'd love to be able to do a real Leftfield "Afrika Shox" robo-techno job.
(My best results so far use fully open filters with max overdrive / full distortion FX / max Sibilance level.)

Perhaps I'm expecting too much of this feature of the Nova? I know that I shouldn't expect the kind of results that a dedicated unit would produce.

Message 17/36             15-Mar-00  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

Send me the D&B mp3 files and I will make em...make it less than 200k if poss..

I'm really getting into sounds right now so any stuff anyone thinks is cool
would be welcome...

Only thing I would say is dont send me 5 meg MP3's!!!

But I'm tellin ya...SNVII is WICKED...

Phill@Novation

Message 18/36             15-Mar-00  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Blunted

well, my nova is wicked too

I'd like some more bass patches, vocoder patches...robots and such..I know, how original, and some more sfx, and leads....more more more!

Message 19/36             15-Mar-00  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

unique.massive

AndyC,

Your not the real ANDY C are you ?

Yeah lets have some really good Drum & Bass patches come out. I've made some excellent filtered bass sounds that drive people mad.

Keep up the good work everyone.
Wayne

Message 20/36             16-Mar-00  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

k

well, why not spend some time creating sounds, then sell the sets - it's a market... 3rd party soundbanks used to be big biz...

Message 21/36             16-Mar-00  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

SayerSeely

Waldorf has tried to make some sound sets for the Microwave and sell them, but people expect them to be free. There has been a lot of grief over it on the Waldorf mailing list.

Also, now that the internet is so popular, it is too easy for one person to buy the sounds and then send them to everyone on a mailing list....

Sayer

Message 22/36             16-Mar-00  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

sp

New freq. modulation bass /Depeche Mode sounds would be great.

Message 23/36             16-Mar-00  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

rpieket

Sayer, my new Microwave XT came with an "Analog Classics" sound set. Guess what? Most of (or all - I haven't checked every one) the sounds are identical to the new factory sound set!

- Ronald.

Message 24/36             16-Mar-00  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Blunted

Ronald, they are now shipping the XT with the analog classics soundset

Message 25/36             16-Mar-00  @  08:49 PM   -   phill tell em to make there own f*cken patches

gruvhard

you people make me ill. you buy a machine that will roar,and they give u the capabilty to launch sonic rockets and u don't even know how to use them..
i'm so sick of everyone crying to phill to make more patches. mke this patch make this kind of patch,come on people do it your self and let phill do other things like upgrades to o/s systems. if u wanted a rompler u should of bought one.

Message 26/36             17-Mar-00  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Moebius

Sorry "gruvhard" but didn't Phil say "I'm really getting into sounds right now so any stuff anyone thinks is cool would be welcome..."?

I suspect from the rather confused tone of your note that you have some difficulty in understanding the messages posted here. As you're obviously such a master of the machine why don't you piss off and do something creative with your patches rather than embarrassing yourself by posting abusive messages here?

PS If you want to know where you can stick your "sonic rockets", I'd be happy to offer a suggestion...

Message 27/36             17-Mar-00  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

I got some D&B stuff from you guys as .wav...thanks but

Please send as MP3, its smaller and it works..I have a Mac here and some wav files seem to get corrupted in translation...

Phill@Novation

Message 28/36             17-Mar-00  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

paul_kaufman

Phil

Would it be acceptable to post you a cassette of snippets of sounds we'd like to hear on the Supernova? Only I'm having real problems creating WAV or MP3 files that are small enough to email.

Regards

Paul K

Message 29/36             19-Mar-00  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

yes...

just send it to Novation uk.

Phill

Message 30/36             20-Mar-00  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

gruvhard

sorry if my note on nova site seemed bad
i'm not a master programmer but the patches that come with the unit are great but u should use them as a basis for your own patches i'm not saying make patches from a sine wave. i just see so many people complaning about the patches. everyone would like a 1000 patches of all the stuff they will use but it just can''t be done u have to find a patch that is close to it and experiment till u get what u want and store it then it is truly yours.
thanks
jimmie the gruv

Message 31/36             20-Mar-00  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

btw, the patches (esp perf') that come with the Nova blow chunks...BUT, the pathes on the Novation website are a 1000% improvement.

Cheers Phill,

V

Message 32/36             20-Mar-00  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

k

yeah well Gruvhard - see that selector above?>.. add some of your Sonic-Rockets there for our edification !

Message 33/36             21-Mar-00  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

sitar

Link?:  Link

Well I'll join in here. Phil if you've heard a track from the "Crab" CD by Prodigy called "Diesel Power", the opening sound is marvelous. I haven't tried to reproduce it. From what I remember some heavy reverb makes it sound distant. I'm not a big Prodigy fan but I think that whole track is killer.

Message 34/36             21-Mar-00  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

I'm not familiar with the track...I bought firestarter as a single...

mail me it as a short mp3 if you like...

Phill

Message 35/36             21-Mar-00  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

sitarsong

I sent you an mp3 of it with xplanation. I don't know if the email address I typed in is the right one. Your link above didn't work or wasn't complete or something. Email me if you didn't get it. Thanks Phil

Message 36/36             22-Mar-00  @  05:58 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

daisuke

Hi Phil,

I'm glad you are open for suggestions on new patches. Backing to your last reply you said you have bought firestarter as a single instead of buy "the fat of the land" album. Well in the firestarter single there's a remix made by Empirion. Well it would be very cool if u can enlight me a bit on how to program a prog/perf that sounds roughly the same to the opening synth line of that remix (and continuosly loops during the whole track), i'm sure i known what it is ;) Some general info would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot! --- daisuke.

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)