aaa Fast volume changes - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Fast volume changes

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             17-Mar-00  @  07:14 AM   -   Fast volume changes

SwampMan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Having troubble with fast vol. changes.

Before os 3.0 there were some heavy klicking when doing fast volume changes but besides that it was ok (fast response). Now with os 3.0 the clicks are gone but it sonds like the "edges" were rounded off and its impossivble to get tidy and fast vol changes!? Wasup?

/SwampMan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             17-Mar-00  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: Fast volume changes

BlueScreen

Link?:  Link

Afaik the edges HAVE been rounded to avoid the clicks. In OS 2 it was possible to gate with the cutoff parameter, but even this sounds different since OS 3.
I remarked this a while ago but didn't get any response, therefore I don't think that this behaviour will change in a former OS-update.

Regards Stefan

Message 3/6             17-Mar-00  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Fast volume changes

Phill

We are revisting all this stuff as we speak. do you think the slewing (rounding off) should be decreased. The down side of decreasing is "stepping becomes more noticable when slow knob movements are applied.

Phill@Novation

Message 4/6             17-Mar-00  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Fast volume changes

psylichon

I don't suppose there's room for a little speed-sensitive code in the (S)Nova is there? You could have the slewing amount be controlled by the speed at which a given knob is turned.

This, in theory at least, seems possible, no?

psylichon

Message 5/6             17-Mar-00  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Fast volume changes

swampman

For me the faster response is better. The klicks tend to disappear in the mix so it doesnt bother me that mouch. Maybe something in between?

/SwampMan

Message 6/6             17-Mar-00  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Fast volume changes

BlueScreen

Link?:  Link

If stepping on slow knob movements is unavoidable if the slewing is decreased, I'd prefer if it stays as it is at the moment.
There are several ways of gating a pad in the (audio)sequencer but afaik no VST plug-in that rounds midi-steps ;-)
The best solution of course is psylichon's proposal. A few german programmers already found a way to realise that ;-))

Regards Stefan

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)