aaa vocoder vs. 8080 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: vocoder vs. 8080

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             17-Mar-00  @  09:04 PM   -   vocoder vs. 8080

oz.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

finally got a chance to demo the Nova a bit. cool. the sales guy at Guitar Center wouldn't hook it up so i could hear the vocoder. sheesh. i've heard the 8080 vocoder and liked it okay for processing other sounds, but straight talking into it was disappointing. does the vocoder on the nova sound more "professional" or will i have to buy a dedicated vocoder unit?

and the 8080's arp would gate/arpegiate the input signal. does the nova do this also?

thanx a bunch

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             19-Mar-00  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: vocoder vs. 8080

alphazone

Link?: Link

I've owned both an JP8080 and a Nova. I bought the Nova 4 months ago and sold the 8080. It's tough to get exactly what you want out of either unit but the vocoder in the Nova is definitely better. It can be more intelligable (is that a word?) when you want it to. It splits up into more bands. There is definetly nothing better about the JP8080's vocoder over the Nova's. Only one thing about the Nova vocoder that bugs a lot of us is that the Nova has to see a continous note on or it won't output any sound..

brian

Message 3/3             19-Mar-00  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: vocoder vs. 8080

Phill

Link?:  No link

the note thing has been addressed already in the next OS.

Phill

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)