aaa Performance problem...:( - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Performance problem...:(

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             19-Mar-00  @  06:56 AM   -   Performance problem...:(

jim

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I own SuperNova...and it's so great, but i have a problem...

When I'm in Performance and I'm choosing a program for Part1.
I can play the program without any trouble. (in midichannel 1)
When I trying to change to part2 etc.. and choosing a program, the part1
program is sounding instead. (I have to change it to midichannel 1,
no of the other channels are responding 2-16)

But, that's not that great. Because, both part1 and part2 are sounding
together. I have to "mute" part1 to not hear that program and vice versa.

No sound is sounding on midichannel 2-16. Only on midichannel 1 and global.
Why's that?

I didn't have that kind of problem earlier. What's the problem?
Please, help me out with this.... 

/Jimmy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             19-Mar-00  @  08:57 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

SmaCk303

Tell us more about your setup. I.E sequencer, midi connections, other devices.

Message 3/18             19-Mar-00  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

robin hood

The problem is your master keybord/seq, he pobably only transmits on channel 1.

Message 4/18             19-Mar-00  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

jim

The setup is not the problem.
The buttons on Supernova is not responding as it use or should do.

There is something wrong fore sure...!
It have never happend before.

When I'm in performance, the "EFFECTS",
"FILTER" etc... is not responding either. When I'm turning the knobs.
Only in Programs, the Filter, Effects etc.. is responding on knob movement.

Is my Supernova broken or what...?

Can it help me if I upload a new OS or something, I think I have Version 3.1beta2.

Message 5/18             19-Mar-00  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

jim

I'm using a "merge box". Emagic's AMT8.
It's 8in and 8out (midi channels)

So, SuperNova is standing "alone"...
I only use my masterkeyboard to play the sounds.

Message 6/18             19-Mar-00  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

sitar

Link?:  Link

You probably did this already but just in case. If you are using it multitimbrally set the global midi channel to any channel between 8 and 16. Then make sure your keyboard is set to the same. Hope that helps.

Message 7/18             19-Mar-00  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

jim

The strange thing is that...yesterday.
I was recording a track in cubase. And everything works well.

And today when I switched on my supernova and other synths it doesn't work anymore.

It should'nt matter if I use midi channels 1-8 or 8-16.
Because it is connected to the emagics amt8. And it can receive and send 16midi channels for every 8(in/out) channels.

Message 8/18             19-Mar-00  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

robin

What is your master keyboard?
Try to use your setup without the merge box, you don't need it with only a kb and a module

Message 9/18             19-Mar-00  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

Jim

Hm...

I don't think you are getting my problem.... 

The masterkeyboard doesn't have anything with my supernova problem!

When I'm pressing "Performance" button on supernova. I can use only part1 not part 2-8. Sure I can change and choice
a sound like "STACCATO B053" and so on.

Part1 is on midi1 (sounding!)
Part2 is on midi2 (not sounding)
But, if I'm changing Part2 to midi1 =
sounds are coming out. but, nothing happends when I'm doing knobmovements on filters or effects knobs...???

Any suggestions?

Message 10/18             19-Mar-00  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

jim

Phill, help me please... 

Message 11/18             19-Mar-00  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

k

er... are you playing the Nova THRU cubase?... in other words, are you playing the mater keys INTO cubase, then it is going out of cubase to the NOva??...cos if yes, sounds like the cubase is re-routing the incoming midi channel to channel 1 each time... you have changed the channel setting on the cubase track to channel 2,3,4 etc per track/nova-part yes!?.... something is resetting the midi channel by the sound of it to channel-1

Message 12/18             20-Mar-00  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

aidan.fraser-clark

Just a guess, but make sure you turn on your S/Nova after you've booted up you PC/sequencer software. I have to turn my SN on AFTER everything else otherwise it won't repsond correctly. Sorry if this isn't any help.

Best regards

AFC

Message 13/18             20-Mar-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

jim

I can change part on SuperNova through Cubase. If I use midichannel 2 it jump to part2 (on midichannel 2) on SuperNova. But, I cant change part on the supernova part buttons.
???

Message 14/18             20-Mar-00  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

Stefan

With the part buttons on the Supernova you select the part that responds to knobs and buttons (as long as the local parameter in the global menue is switched on). With Cubase you choose the part and midi channel that receives midi informations from your keyboard.
Maybe you should check if you have switched the Supernova to local off. In this case, not the part you have selected with the part buttons will respond to knob movements, but the controllers are sent to your sequencer which transmits them to the part you have choosen in Cubase, not to the part you chose with the part button.

Message 15/18             20-Mar-00  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

SmaCk303

mmmmmmmmmmm.... Maybe you have overlooked something extremely simple: Is the arpeggiator switched on for these parts 2-8 while synced to midi clock ?
Forgive me if I am being stupid but I have fell for this before!

rgds

SmaCk303

Message 16/18             21-Mar-00  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

Phill

Does it do it with the MIDI out disconnected?

Phill

Message 17/18             27-Mar-00  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

sefpow

checkout if you have a midi or controller change in one of the Cubaseparts. It may be constantly resetting something?

Message 18/18             27-Mar-00  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Performance problem...:(

k

right stop posting everyone cos this is just making it more confusing... things are being metioned when even the most basic LOGICAL tests have NOT been performed..

JIM... your explanation of the problem is so unclear as to indicate you are not sure of the procedure.. unless it's a language barrier... thus it would be best to absorb this...

1. connect the keyboard DIRECT to the NOVA.... so the keyboard & NOVA are totally isolated from Cubase, midi boxes etc etc etc... Just the keyboard.. the NOva and a midi lead from the Keyboard OUT to the Nova IN.... yes.. no audio leads or anything else...

2. set the master keyboard to OUT midi data On channel-1

3. set the nova global channel to 9 or any channel up to 16 from there

4 remove any midi OUT from the nova to anything...

5. now... put the Nova in to performance mode... choose a blank vanilla performance...

6. Now...select each PART button in turn... and set it's channel to corresponding channels 1-8... so that ALL 8 Nova parts are set... Part-1 = Midi channel-1... Part-2 = Midi Channel-2 etc up to 8

then.. select each PART again, and set it's polyphony to MONO...

now.... with the keyboard set to OUT midi on channel-1 - play the keyboard...

DOES PART-1 FLASH ?

do this changing the keyboard channel each time BUT.. BEFORE YOU CHANGE THE MASTER KEYBOARD CHANNEL.. DISCONNECT THE MIDI LEAD FROM THE NOVA --

change keyboard channel - re-connect the lead to the nova.. now, with the master keyboard sending midi OUT on channel-2... does Nova PART-2 flash??

continue to 8...

do this test.. then post the result...

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)