aaa PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             20-Mar-00  @  06:32 AM   -   PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

MALK

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok posted in the other day about sheding some light well i have found out whats actually going wrong note on data is perfect in s/nova 20 voice its just that i wonder if any one else has noticed that if you have 4 or more sounds all with syncronised delay times either from midi clock or internal tempo(internal is actually better)that the delays somtimes fire out little runs of delay not in time arrggg my god and the more sounds and sync delays you use the worse this is ,none of my other equipment is effected like this and if i only use the s/nova it still does this so its not midi timing ,and the crazy part is if you set delays manually they are perfect its just annoying they dont clock perfectly as to aid tempo changes ect.is this a fault similar to the free wheel bug as it seems so.many thanks malk

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             21-Mar-00  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

Phill

Are you talking about clicks?

Phill

Message 3/8             21-Mar-00  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

donson

Link?: Link

i have noticed this exact problem as well and also worked out manual delay times as a fix for it, still a bit of a problem though that needs to be looked at.version 4.00 me thinks is gathering a few updates along with the freewheel bug

Message 4/8             21-Mar-00  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

malk

no i dont really think there clicks they sound like out of time delays

Message 5/8             21-Mar-00  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

Phill

Only prob is I cannot replicate this problem...

Please advise more detail.

Phill

Message 6/8             23-Mar-00  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

andytr909

I've had the same problem. When I set the timing manually, delays stay in time, but if I sync delays to MIDI, they are extremely sloppy. When I first encountered the problem, I thought I didn't have the effect/MIDI sync set correctly, but after reading the manual, I realized it was correct.

Would setting the global internal/external timing to external correct this? Mine is set to internal, but it does seem to "try" to sync with the external midi clock, just not very well.

Thanks!

Andy L.

Message 7/8             23-Mar-00  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

Malk

hi phill well i first want to say iam not new to this so iam not just unaware of this equipment ,the problem is strange you mentioned clicks could you describe these as maybe its what iam haering,but to me it seems that when several different sounds are running each with sync delays either to a set internal tempo or an external tempo say at 147bpm that an intermitent fault occurs it still sounds like the timing of the delays useally only one of the delays,which one seems to be down to the s/nova goes from spot on to spluttering a few out of time repeats then it locks back in all in time ,it is sporadic and dependant on the amount of midi data going in to it but on just using the s/nova vs 3.00 20 voice it still has some trouble as you increase the amount of sync delayed sounds you are running from the seq if i can ill have to record it to minindisc and send it in so you dont think iam just a loony ,like i said before manual delays erradicate it but take longer to find the timing resolutions ,nice instrument though as long as music can be made thats the main thing ,just be nice to have a 100% working machine.but please explain the clicks as it might be that.
thank you

Message 8/8             23-Mar-00  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: PHILL /SUPERNOVA USERS

bster2000

i always use external midi clock when using any sync settings,
the arppeigator goes horribly out of time if i use internal midi cloooooooooooooooooock

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)