aaa gut wrenching subs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: gut wrenching subs

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             20-Mar-00  @  05:42 PM   -   gut wrenching subs

a.winrow

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello,

i`ve had my Nova for about a week and i love it but the only problem i`ve had is how do i get super strong sub bases out of it?
can anyone give me any tips?
also the only way i seem to be able to get the LFO`s to work is if i mess around with the Mod depth wheel, can anyone tell me if this is right.

thanks,

Andy.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Mar-00  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: gut wrenching subs

a.winrow

maybe i need a Waldorf XT or a good sampler/sample CD.
i also only have my Nova plugged into the line in on my SB Gold, does anyone think i need a desk to give the sub bass some serious analogue EQ?

thanks

andy.

Message 3/5             20-Mar-00  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: gut wrenching subs

k

hmm.... dunno wether that input has the range to cover sub-bass, & even if it goes lo, it may be messing with the phasing at the cut off point... anyways, can yourspeakers reproduce sub-bass?

Message 4/5             21-Mar-00  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: gut wrenching subs

barnacle bills bass ends

Link?: Link

check your monitors mr k is right
even decent nearfeilds only produce so much bass and the more pure the sub bass the more difficulty your speakers have at reproducing it god there are subs out there that do not sound on my set up yet my woofers nearly hit me in the face when a note is held.

Message 5/5             21-Mar-00  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: gut wrenching subs

alphazone

Link?: Link

Yes, your speakers may not play that low, or the frequency response of your soundcards input doesn't go that low. I do know that if you hit the "demo finder" and scroll through basses in the Nova you'll hit two sub-basses in there. I'm using one of them on a track now (don't remember name of patch) but it definitely produces sub-bass. In fact if I don't have my subwoofer on and I'm using just my LSR28P's (hi-passed at 80Hz) I basically don't hear anything when I play the sub-bass patch since most of the energy is below 80Hz.

Brian

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)