aaa Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             23-Mar-00  @  02:06 AM   -   Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

andytr909

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just recently got my Supernova, and I am interested in trying the latest OS update (from 3.0). I checked out the FAQ on this site, and it said there is a new sound set available too, but I've already created some cool sounds, and I'm afraid that if I load the new ones, the sounds I made will be over-written. The FAQ was worded oddly, so I couldn't figure out if this would happen or not.

I don't have a patch librarian (haven't needed one until now!).

Andy L.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             23-Mar-00  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

BlueScreen

Link?:  Link

if you unzip the OS 3.1 beta2 file from novations download site you receive 3 files: snv 3.1bet.mid is the operating system and total.mid contains the sounds, performances and arp pattern.
If you dump the file total.mid to your supernova all your old sounds will be overwritten.
You should save them using your sequencer first.

Regards Stefan

Message 3/8             03-Apr-00  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

armand1

Well here is a weird question..Are the sounds on the update different or better than the 3.00 version????

Message 4/8             03-Apr-00  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

sitar

I found the new sounds to be better. Some of the old sounds I liked were unchanged. I think that for us who own the Supernovas, the thing is to learn how to create the sounds we want for any given track. The presets are great, but this synth was made to create from IMO. I am, for better or worse, overwriting programs all the time. It's kind of like putting my toes into the water several times and then taking the dive. The next day I go with my toes again and then again take the dive. After a while I just go for the dive. The presets in the latest version are incredible. But what am I doing with this synth if I am afraid to change anything? I save new programs to destinations I believe I will never use anyway...believe being the operative word here. I'd recommend writing down the parameters of the programs you've made. Then after loading the new version, put them back into a program you don't care too much for. The Supernova is your canvas to paint on.

Message 5/8             04-Apr-00  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

Phill

Cool...

Get the juices running...make as many sounds as you can..thats what the knobs are for, otherwise I suggest getting one of those S+S boxes with preset up down buttons.

Seriously...We are looking for more sonic input all the time...

If you have taken the time to make new sounds post em to our site...in the user database area...LOOOVE to HEAR em..

Phill@Novation

Message 6/8             05-Apr-00  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

rt

I'm shy, and fear posting failure, but bought the expander card for the SN in part so I could have all that empty space to save my experiments alongside my favorite patches in the default set.

Worked For Me,

rt

Message 7/8             06-Apr-00  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

sitar

That's still what I need to do. I almost did but picked up another piece of gear instead. My plan is to not worry about changing programs and performances for now. When I get the expansion, I can move all of mine over and then resend the OS sounds. Unless that will overwrite the expansion card sounds to make them blank again???  

Message 8/8             07-Apr-00  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Upgrading to OS 3 beta 2 question

tiagomarrecas

How can I download the latest OS for my Supernova?
I've tried the link on the beguining of the Supernova OS page and it's not working.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)