aaa Dark Jungle Bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Dark Jungle Bass

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             23-Mar-00  @  02:18 PM   -   Dark Jungle Bass

m002b

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

For a long time now I've been trying to figure out how to get dark jugle bass out of my nova. I've heard that I should use a vocorder to modulate given basses, but which ones? Also, would the modulating bass come from a different source, like a sound sample?
The main two types of bass I'm trying to figure out are the low thunder ( eg. Ed Rush & Fierce : Locusts) and the squeeling type
(eg. Future Forces system remix, or that superman remix that came out last year). If anyone could give me some pointers I'd appreciate it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             23-Mar-00  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: Dark Jungle Bass

root

try using your beats(or part of them) as the input to vocode the bass.

either that, or run the synth's output through a dirty sock, and pipe it back in through the vocoder.

Message 3/8             24-Mar-00  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: Dark Jungle Bass

k

Link?: Link

like this you mean?

Message 4/8             25-Mar-00  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Dark Jungle Bass

m002b

As far as your real audio sample, the squeel bass sounds similar in waveform, but the squeels are real piercing and extreme with a sort of r2d2ish sound. I think they may have used a sound like that, but when they twiddled the cutoff I think they must of had the resonance cranked up almost all of the way. If you know how I could get the bass on that sample though, I would be glad to learn though.

Message 5/8             26-Mar-00  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Dark Jungle Bass

R-Tek

k - dyou do that? Thats fucking ruff, I hate u.

Message 6/8             26-Mar-00  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Dark Jungle Bass

phunkytek

you need to use a sine wave bass and flange it for those clean deep hums turn the res way up and the freq cut off down til it begins to clip. Or simple turn the res off and the cut off low for really in your face analog fun. For crunchy in your face, use a square or a saw. I personly use stomper a free down loadable drum synth from master zap to generate kick drum tones that i load into my emu sampler and turn into massive d&b basses by running through a filter adding overdrive and compressing them. Also add a little overdrive to your to fatten up the sound. I run my bass station through a digitek talker and clip the input into the red. Try dialing in just a hair of overdrive not enough to distort , but the speakers should start to vibrate and add the flange to get the lfo wiggle in the sound. also, most important, you must compress the end result. Good luck- Brett

Message 7/8             26-Mar-00  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Dark Jungle Bass

k

yeah... but remember, stomper will also make basslines etc... 32 steps, and any step can be a filter.. for squeeeeeling.. turn up the res to full or wherever squeelz enuff

yes R-tek... thatz me... and i lurve U 2.. :-) - mate, i only did it to shut up that guy who said the Nova can't do it...

Message 8/8             28-Mar-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Dark Jungle Bass

rype

one sine 2 square, all down 2 octives, destort overdrive high res and mess with the frequency, then chuck it on band, 24db and add a little noise source

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)