aaa broken display on drumstation - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: broken display on drumstation

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             23-Mar-00  @  05:04 PM   -   broken display on drumstation

Blunted215

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm about to buy a drumstation with a broken display..only one character is viewable...can I go to an electronics store and buy/replace the display, is the part readily accesable? I have electronics experience,or am I stuck sending it in?..what am I looking for in cost to get this fixed?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             23-Mar-00  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: broken display on drumstation

alphazone

Link?: Link

It sounds like you're saying the whole character is not working, as opposed to one of the seven segments. I would be carefull, you can get a used drumstation for $300US these days (that's what I got mine for 6 months ago, and I see them on ebay and in the recycler for $300), and you don't want to buy a bad unit for $150, pay another $100 to have it serviced, and inevitably wait two months before it comes back from service. It's possible it's just the LED but it's also possible that the problem relates to other areas of the control circuitry. It's also possible for the unit to work fine even with the LED not working. Of course, since there's only two characters, each one is very important in describing the current functions.
Unless it's less than $100 or something I would personally stay away from it.

Brian

Message 3/5             24-Mar-00  @  06:21 AM   -   RE: broken display on drumstation

Phill

I would get it serviced by us...genuine parts & all that...

Phill@Novation

Message 4/5             26-Mar-00  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: broken display on drumstation

4uHLH

just wondering, is there really no way to turn off my drummachine asides from pulling out the lil' plug in the back or switching off the power strip it's connected to? i find it a bit strange that it has no on/off switch, knob, button, or anything.

Message 5/5             27-Mar-00  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: broken display on drumstation

Phill

There is no power switch on a drumstation.

Phill

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)