aaa retarded midi question - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: retarded midi question

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             27-Mar-00  @  04:52 PM   -   retarded midi question (with logic)

p.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

first off, lemme just say i read the manual. unfortunately i'm a bit baffled still:

i've got logic and would like for it to send the correct data to my nova to change both the performance and (if possible) the patches being used for each channel within the performance. now here's where i'm a bit confused. seems to me i need to send a message from logic to the nova to tell it to pick say performance a003 and then have it send data for the bank and patch # for each channel within that performance. is that right?

if that first part is right then here's where i'm reallys confused. the bank messages you can send to the nova give you the options of 'program a', 'program b', and 'performance' (i've got a nova so there aren't two performance banks). unfortunately, i also need to send a message for each channel, picking a program bank and number for each channel? so that's two separate messages: performance bank and # globally for all channels and bank and patch # for each individual channel w/in the bank. how do i do that ? i'm used to sending just one bank and patch number. something to do with remapping?

erm, anyone with logic and nova? kilo?

thanks, -p.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             28-Mar-00  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: retarded midi question

p.

bueller? . . . . . bueller? . . . . just tryin to keep it up top so people see it. c'mon people. someone knows. -p.

Message 3/3             29-Mar-00  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: retarded midi question

Stefan

ok ok, i'll try ...

1st: The first part of your posting is right. Addition: if you prepared and stored a performance that already contains the patches you need in the unit you don't have to choose the patches for each part via midi ;-)

2nd: if you want to use your nova in multi mode you first have to switch from program to performance mode. This can be done by choosing a program change with the bank value 1 (or 1 - 4) on an expanded supernova.
With a program change message on the nova's GLOBAL channel you change the performance, with a message on a different midi channel you select a patch for each part as long as the performance you chose before is prepared to receive on different midi channels..

Hope that helps

Regards

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)