aaa Soft Synths - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Soft Synths

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             30-Mar-00  @  04:18 PM   -   Soft Synths

joe

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Just got a brand new Nova, my first
synth. Just had to have it ever since I heard this thing. It really has a rich
, thick character of its own. mmmm
Anyway, I was just wondering what people here thought of software synths, especially Reaktor.
Any one else out there use this???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             31-Mar-00  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: Soft Synths

intro5pect

Link?:  No link

Reaktor is very very cool in some aspects and not quite there in some others. You can get it to produce some sounds that are just amazing, assuming you can actually get it to produce sounds at all. there have been many times when I will spend hours building a synth, only to connect it all up and have nothing but intermittent pops come out. Of course this isn't reaktors fault. Im the one who connected something somewhee it shouldn't go. however, I still end up spending a lot more time figuring out why it isn't making music rather than using it to make music. Not to mention that in order to actually use reaktor up to its full potential it pretty much needs its own computer. Unless you have an extremely powerfull computer it is near impossible to get both it and a sequencer to run together on the same computer. All in all though, I think that if your willing to spend the time and the effort learning the program, and finding ways to intergrate it into the way you make music, it can do some pretty incredible things. Anyway, just my opinion.  

Message 3/5             31-Mar-00  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Soft Synths

Link?: Link

I have the Pro 5 s/w synth, and I love it. In some cases it even sounds better than my real synth!! Maybe a slight exageration, but I'm using it in my next tune for two sequences, and it's great 'cos you can play the sequence and use the VST plugins at the same time :-)

Still can't beat hardware though.

Si.

Message 4/5             02-Apr-00  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: Soft Synths

ARMAND1

A friend of mine has the Reacktor, it blew me away actually!!! great sounds,..but it is complicated to work it with Cubase, but this thing has sampling, vocoding, a bunch of analogs and fm and other type of synths!!! it si loaded!! the Retro AS-1 is not bad either..it is ananalog synth with over a 1000 sounds...!!! i was not impressed with Rebirth..everyone loves it, but not me..!! but my Supernova still takes the cake.!! well i really haven't heard the Acces Virus yet... : )

Message 5/5             06-Apr-00  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Soft Synths

ma x coombe

reaktor/generator - interesting if you've got the time or you're serious about sound design - but if you're working professionally in sessions or want instant results at home i don't know if you would have the time to go into it.

it's about as deep as it gets - you really are building synths/fx from the ground up - like with modular synthesis in fact. it's fascinating, but it's mired in pointlessness - i mean, how much control do you really need??

on the other hand, there are plenty of people out there doing the noodling for you and you can download some pretty exciting ensembles from native's site... there's not a lot it can't do on the synth side of things.

get it if you have a spare computer to run it on, some spare cash and if you really want to get into it - a spare year.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)