aaa I too have another retarded Midi question - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I too have another retarded Midi question

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             31-Mar-00  @  11:47 AM   -   I too have another retarded Midi question

armand1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i have the supernova 20 voice V3.00 running with CUBASEVST3.7PROBLEM :i'm able to record fine on parts 1 and 2, but when i go to record further{from part 3 on} no sounds are heard either when i play my keyboard or try to record..i disable global..and tried asingning each part its channel..{for example-channel 1 for part 1 and so on.} but the problem still persits..NO SOUND after the first two parts are recorded I MADE SURE THE PART WAS NOT MUTED...i'm new to the Supernova setup..so i'm pretty sure i'm missing something in the manual..can someone help me?? I most certainly will appreciated! cheers..ps. {how do i record the arpegiator into Cubase?..any special setting/???}

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             31-Mar-00  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

sitar

Link?:  Link

It sounds like your global midi channel might be set to 2. Try setting your global midi channel to anywhere from 8 to 16 in order to get 8 parts sounding individually to 8 channels. If it's something in Cubase, then I can't offer any help. But hope that helps.

Message 3/9             31-Mar-00  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

sitar

Make sure that before you try the above, that the Supernova's local control is on. Also being fairly new to synths, I have been bewildered for 15 minutes a pop as to why my changes are not having any effect. It's invariably because I've at some point turned my Supernova's local control off and forgotten to turn it back on. Ahhh...the little self-inflicted frustrations in life sometimes make me want to scream!

Message 4/9             01-Apr-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

armand1

Sitar, i tried what you said, but no cigar!!!..: ( obviosly this is a bear I'm going to wrestle for quite a while...i know there is nothing wrong wiht the Supernova..cos' all the factory performances work on ALL channels...so it must be my own particular setup....!! thnaks anyway!!! cheers!!

Message 5/9             01-Apr-00  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

armand1

i got it, finally...it turned out that in Part Edit you have to set the polyphony , if it is off , then no sound will be heard..go figure!..my Supernova came from the factory with the polyphony set to ON for the first two parts..but the rest where off...this machine Rocks now!!!!

Message 6/9             01-Apr-00  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

Stefan

I assume that you have assigned all performance parts to different midi channels, e.g. part 1-midi channel 1, part 8-midi channel 8 and have 8 tracks in your sequencer with the corresponding midi numbers. Midi through in your sequencer is active.
Now if you play a note with your keyboard the indicator LED in the part edit section must blink for the corresponding part. If not please describe your sequencer settings again.

If the LED lights but you don't hear anything though check the following for each part:
1. output button: did you choose the appropriate output for that part ?
2. polyphony: is the part polyphony set to mono or poly and not to off?
3. range: the key range should contain every note you can play on your keyboard
4. midi button: hmm, you controlled the settings in the beginning
5. level knob: has the part level accidentally been set to zero.

Maybe this helps

Message 7/9             01-Apr-00  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

Stefan

aargh, you could have waited with your last posting for a few minutes ;-)

Good night

Stefan

Message 8/9             01-Apr-00  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

sitar

Happy for you. It's feels good when it all works out. I figured out a couple of things that would have been no brainers for a lot of people, but still I felt good about it. It's a great great synth. Just keeps sucking me in. I feel like I can do anything with this synth with practice. Enjoy!!!

Message 9/9             02-Apr-00  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: I too have another retarded Midi question

ARMAND1

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!! YOU BEEN GREAT!! CHEERS!!! : )

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)