aaa Nova 1: Compare Madness? Help! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova 1: Compare Madness? Help!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             10-Apr-00  @  05:53 AM   -   Nova 1: Compare Madness? Help!

daisuke

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi there. It's just me or the "compare" function looks a bit weird when using it to lookup the original param value of, say, the delay send? Select a perf. Push the "delay" button in the fx section an turn the level knob. the new entered value will be displayed on the display. Now i want see which was the original memorized value... so i press the compare button and surprise surprise the nova turns off the delay button, lights up the chorus and shows me the chorus send value! wtf? It also happens when i want to look up LFO params... say i want to see LFO2 params and using the compare function the Nova shows me the LFO1 settings! I'm using nova desktop module OS version 3.0. what's wrong? I missed something? Bug or feature?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             10-Apr-00  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: Nova 1: Compare Madness? Help!

Kinetik

When a Program is saved to memory, the current status of most buttons are also saved (which LFO is selected, which Effect parameter etc) This means that the compare function doesn't always return the parameter you want as you've described.

This was an oversight in the original 3.0 coding - I'll make sure it's working right in the imminent OS 4.0 release.

Message 3/4             11-Apr-00  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: Nova 1: Compare Madness? Help!

craig

could you also make the compare button work correctly for part level in performance mode. Don't think Phill ever believed me, but try moving the level knob to check the output level of a part then press compare (like one would do to look at any other parameters orignal value) in the case of output level, it will only show the new value.
Yes you can press compare first then while holding the button down, you can move the level knob to check the level in the program (in performance) but if you move the knob first then try the compare button the value has changed to the new value.
This functionality is opposite to any other button or knob and isn't useful the way it is.

thanks this has bugged me since the I've had the snv (otherwise it's a beautiful thing  
craig

Message 4/4             11-Apr-00  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: Nova 1: Compare Madness? Help!

Kinetik

The "Level" knob is actually used to edit/compare two different parameters, depending which Mode you're in. In Program Mode it alters the Program level (pre-effects - saved in a Program), but in Performance Mode it always alters Part level (post-effects - saved in a Performance). The Program level unfortunately can't be edited in Performance Mode - you have to go into Program Mode to do it. It isn't really made very clear in the manual that there are two different level parameters involved in a Performance.

except when in the process of saving Performances, the Compare button always switches in the destination Program. Remember, in Perf mode, this knob always acts on Part level. Because the Part level isn't actually stored in a Program, the "Part" level displayed is therefore always the current value whether the compare function is active or not.

I know it's not an ideal state of affairs (ideally we should have two seperate knobs on the front panel), but remember you can always compare the original Program level by going into Program Mode first.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)