aaa Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             05-Mar-97  @  06:48 PM   -   Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

chris.couvents

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I need your advice
I thought a Korg Trininty Plus with Fash-Rom option would be nice.
Am I wrong?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             11-Mar-97  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

akhan

Hi, im looking for a synth too.. im just starting out
and dont know how to play keyboards or anything.. i just
have a lap top pc that i want to use to control the midi
on the synth and all that..

so can someone sort me out wiv a bit of info so i can
get going.. i dont wanna spend more than about two
hundred notes on it...

cheers,
Amir

Message 3/9             12-Mar-97  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

vmarshal

I'm also looking for some advice on purchasing
a new set-up.

I've already got keyboard setup with a sequencer and
lately I've been playing around with writing dance.

As I get more & more into it I realized I need to
get more...I have no sampler & no PC. I was hoping
I could get away with a PC setup that would handle
the sampling & sequencing.

Does anyone here have any advice on what I need to get
started; the main thing is that I need to be able
to sample with the PC.

Any advice from you pro's out there would be
greatly appreciated,

Vaughn.

Message 4/9             30-Mar-97  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

twizza

As well, I am looking for a starting place.

I currently have a Roland MS-1 sampler and use sampled loops. I am currently on the look out for a synth, but there are so many and so many diff. prices. I saw a Yamaha CS1X for 600$ is that a good deal? Its in perfect condition, but I don't know how to play keyboard, i don't think its hard to learn, but I am into sequencing and overlapping many sounds! Trying to find a groove in house/hardcore sound. Any help or chat would be great!

Thanks!

Tim

Message 5/9             20-May-97  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

CS1X $300????? SNAP IT UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6/9             20-May-97  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

SORRY $600 !!! STILL A BARGAIN

Message 7/9             30-May-97  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

KID303

I GOT A CS1X AND IT'S A LOVELY PIECE OF KIT FOR THE PRICE..LOTS OF NICE FAT SQUELCHY SOUNDS..BUY ONE!

Message 8/9             21-Jun-97  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

gold213

Link?:  Link

WHoooooooooooooooo. From what I've heard the DB50XG Daughterboard from Yamaha is just about as good as the cs1x! If you've got a PC get it, first! I plan to! As for soundcard, The AWE32 works great for me, But it is a bit noisy, If you can, get an AWE64 Gold, It's supossed to be awesome. Check out this whole site before making your decisicion. Kilo-This site rules...

Message 9/9             23-Jun-97  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: Hey everybody ... I want to buy a new synth

well...hey, the db50xg does contain about 80% of the cs1x sounds, but with the cs1x, you also get dance drums, and lots of 3 layer special sounds....just bear in mind, that you'd need an extra drum source, and some other special siource to make up for the cs1x's extras bits......the problem is, the cs1x is an ok kit in some ways, but when it comes to multitimbrel mode, only 1 special sound can be used with a sequencer.....so bear it in mind......

the db50xg is excellent value tho'......but as I say, you'll need to add 909 & 808 stuff if you need it....

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)