aaa making Mixes ??? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: making Mixes ???

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             05-Jun-97  @  12:24 PM   -   making Mixes ???

samlovs

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello .

lets say i want to mix my favorite song , such removing
vocals , adding loops and beats . synchronize with other
tracks ...

Which software can be used, for example , for removing
vocal from song ..?

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             05-Jun-97  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: making Mixes ???

kilo

er.well we're kinda entering into the realms of fantasy a bit here.....SAW+ has something called a center cahnnel eliminator, which is supposed to remove the vocal...but it doesn't really do it...just reduces the level....the only way would be to get the vocal track on it's own, line em up...then reverse the phase of the solo vocal....the two phased signals should cancell each other....but er...thats kinda academic rather than practical....really, there aint a practical way that I know of....

Message 3/4             07-Jul-97  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: making Mixes ???

Ezequiel

I want to do my final mix, and i want it to sound nice and crispy
can you tell me what do i need in the terms oif commpressors
filters,amps and so on.
please help.HECTOR
Ezequiel@ix.netcom.com

Message 4/4             08-Jul-97  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: making Mixes ???

kilo

there are a few devices around such as Aphex, BBE etc designed to "enhance" a stereo mix.....
I have owned both, and really, they dont do alot despite the ad's claims......
you have to use them in very small amounts otherwise they make the mix sound top
heavey, or the middle disappears......

i use a simple hi-fi amp, and a cheap pair of Maudaunt-Short bookshelf speakers for my system.......
(i do have a massive pair of Richard Allen monitors, but I use the small ones for mixing)
.......Compression helps on the bassline alot to get some extra punch and keep it under control
.......but I dont advise stereo compression on the whole mix...., If you get the mix cut to vinyl, they'll add stereo
comp' at the mastering session......although, I've had mixes fucked up by mastering engineers
adding compression to the mix, and setting a too high release time, so the compressor was
chattering on the ambient sections........just get your bass & drums balanced, add the other
stuff, and add your reverb LAST...not too much so it drowns.....try the mixer section for some mixing tips.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)