aaa New Friggin' Sound Card! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: New Friggin' Sound Card!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             18-Jun-97  @  01:14 AM   -   New Friggin' Sound Card!

Tim_Benford

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Could anyone tell me a good soundcard for audio.
My preferences:
between $200-$300. POSSIBLY something else than 1/8 in. jacks. MIDI is NOT needed. QUIETJACKS!! No extra software needed.

If someone could help me, I would be very happy. I was looking at some Turtle Beach cards but I don't need MIDI. PS, my main problem is noise because my AWE 32, for multitrack audio, is very noisy. Thanx,
Noel

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             18-Jun-97  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

kilo

er......didn't you read the soundcard page ??....that's what it's for.....check out the new Event cards...only £ 299/$349 for 8 Phono/RCA 20 bit outputs on a PCI busmaster card !!!!!

Message 3/9             19-Jun-97  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

richardb

I was at a Creative Conference a few months back and was given AWE64 gold - which I believe is going on sale
at 199 dollars in the States

The card is great - GOLD RCA jacks - minimal noise
SPDIFF, 4mb sample ram as standard, good bundle of software and very cheap

Try that one!!!!!

Cheers Rich

Message 4/9             20-Jun-97  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

Tim_Benford

Which do you think is better: The AWE 64 Gold or the Turtle Beach Tahiti? (I think it's the Tahiti).
-Noel

Message 5/9             23-Jun-97  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

well they are different....the tahiti is very stable, the awe I take it has samplestorte like the awe32?.....anyhow, it's all academic, if it's simply audio outs you need, then I'd have to go with the Event cards now,,...i mean for the same price as a tahiti, you get 8 outputs ona PCI card.!!! (20 bit outs)

Message 6/9             20-Jul-97  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

rickbell

if you want cheap and good, go to the auction web site.
it's at www.ebay.com/aw. go to the multimedia section, and
take a look at what's being sold. i got an opti 930 card
(same chipset used in some turtle beach cards) for $50!!
sure, it doesn't have rca jacks, but it's got a 4mb wavetable
rom, a preamp out, and a 48 kHz sampling rate (just for
reference, the awe series has 44.1). the 48 kHz rate means
that cd-quality (44.1) recording will always be PERFECT
and it will never crackle because of it maxing out. if
you're into gaming and you have money to burn, go with the
diamond monster sound. it's a pci 3d sound card with aureal's
new chipset. you hear things in front, behind, left, right,
ABOVE, and BELOW. that'll set your ears on fire.

Message 7/9             21-Jul-97  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

Kilo

I'd strongly advise NOT to use any form of 3d encoding for dance tracks............this could play havoc with your sound in clubs....

Message 8/9             21-Jul-97  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

NBenford

Right Kilo. I finally got an AWE 64 Gold and it is good. Much better quality than other Creative Labs cards. The 3d processor in the card is unusable. It adds noise and all it does is delay one channel so, if mono, is out of phase! SHITTY! Without it, my sound is very good.

Noel

Message 9/9             22-Jul-97  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: New Friggin' Sound Card!

TheWigg

Check out the WAVE/4 card {@gadgetlabs.com} 4 in 2 out, wavetable
connector and very quiet. $399US

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)