aaa awe32 and effects - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: awe32 and effects

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             03-Jul-97  @  12:22 PM   -   awe32 and effects

robb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

HI, Can anyone tell me it is possible to effect the sounds on the awe32 using some sort of cut off, reso, env mod decay etc in real time using cakewlak pro audio 5. ie: is it possible to change the sounds like you can in rebirth. Any help on this would be much apreciated.

1 other thing reading through your disscusion groups i notied people having problems getting rebirth to share audio with other programs, isnt it just a case of needing a audio package that uses direct x, i can get both rebirth and cakewalk to record and playback using the same soundcard, as far as im aware soundforge 4 supports direct x , has anyone tried using that as the audio package yet

Thanks in advance for any help, advice i get,

Robb

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             04-Jul-97  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: awe32 and effects

kilo

correct.....to have more than one programme playing audio requires X...........

as for the Aew32....I dont use one, but.....I see no reason why the cards synth shouldnt respond to controller messages.....the filter controller's are usually 71 & 74........you can draw controoler dat in to a midi track in the Controller window in cakewalk.......just set the channel of a track to the same as the instrument channel that you want to filter, then open the controller window, and set the number for resonance, then change the number to cut-off, then draw in your filter movement.........

Message 3/6             04-Jul-97  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: awe32 and effects

GoLd213

Link?:  Link

Hey, yeah, I use awe32 too, (wish I had 64 Gold though...) anyway, I don't think you can do much for realtime env mod and decay control, and I haven't used cc 71&74, but here's what I do: CC 98 says wich parameter to control, CC 38 Controls it's value. 21 is cutoff, 22 is resonance, and there's a bunch of others for LFO, reverb, chorus, etc. For Example: put cc 98, Val. 21 (to control FC), and then play around with cc 38 to control it. (98-22 for resonance). Play around with some other data numbers, see what you can do. N/P

Message 4/6             28-Jul-97  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: awe32 and effects

rl_queen

Well, actually, the AWE has a great filter, and if you would have used Cubase, you could have
used a mixermap and controll all of the filter and LFO parameters in realtime!
And of-course record all of these changes. There are currently 2 mixermaps avaiable for the awe, one
of them is great,

By the way, Cakewalk 6 has something like Cubase's Mixermaps but i haven't checked them out.

Goodluck

Message 5/6             01-Aug-97  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: awe32 and effects

On the subject of mixermaps, does anyone know if there
is one for Cakewalk6 for the AWE32 or Yamaha DG50XG?

I tried to make one for the yamaha but I start getting
totally confused when I get into the sysex part of it.

Anyone know?

Message 6/6             01-Aug-97  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: awe32 and effects

kilo

YOU MUST GET THE "XGEDIT" SOFTWARE......it is 100% awesome power type stuff !!!!......
believe me.....you will be amazed how much you get out of this little card with this software...

Go to the review page here, and go and download it from the link........just try it and you will want to pay the reg code asap !!...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)