aaa ASR-X sampler good for groves? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ASR-X sampler good for groves?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             12-Jul-97  @  12:31 AM   -   ASR-X sampler good for groves?

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm in the middel of buying my first sampling unit and I'm looking at two options the A3000 and the ASR-X I know the A3000 is a great spec and the ASR-X is slightly diffrent (more of a jaming tooll) but is the ASR-X abel to stand up to it in programability? I mean can you layer sounds etc. At the moment I'm going for the ASR-X becouse of portabillity to do house parties, if you pros think I'm making the wrong choice say it!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             21-Jul-97  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: ASR-X sampler good for groves?

well for $350 more you get 64 notes of polyphony and 5 knobs to play with on the A3000 (can't argue with that great deal)! but the ASR X you gain up that loss with the seq & 12 trigger pads (6 on the a3000) plus the option to expand a synth in it, like the" wonderful sounding" EXP 3 techno expansion (check it out) mind you 32 note polyphony goes out rather quickly when layering sounds but the ability to resample helps solve that problem but that way you lose control  . I would say if you are not scared of losing polyphony go for the ASR X but do check out the MPC 2000 first.

Message 3/5             23-Aug-97  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: ASR-X sampler good for groves?

the asr-x is a suck-ass piece of kit. I've owned an ASR-10 for nearly five years, and the asr-x lacks any of the editing features I took for granted.
I purchased the asr-x and the mpc 2000 simul. and the asr-x wasn't nearly as useful as a creative tool.
As a drum machine/sampler the inclusion of the "synth" (sample playback crap) was immediately imho relegated to toy status.

call me crazy but I traded the x for a tR-909 (in box with all cards including warranty), a juno 106 and a technics 1200 mk2. classic gear that will retain it's value long after the x has been discontinued.
asr x is very similar in pure chees-i-ness with the mc-303. jp-8000 etc.
imagine, a 2k digital synth with such the intruiging waveforms as sin and square !
Why the use digital technology to replicate analog is beyond me. let's see more synths like the kawai k5000 etc, with new sounds to be found.....

Message 4/5             23-Aug-97  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: ASR-X sampler good for groves?

Damn! an X for a 909, 106 and a 1200!!! Good fuckin' trade!!!

Message 5/5             25-Aug-97  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: ASR-X sampler good for groves?

Asr X = sampling Mc303 . in other words a TOY

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)