aaa I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             15-Jul-97  @  10:07 AM   -   I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

Dark1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi guys, OK , some of you dont like the MC, alot of you think its a bag of shit, i dunno , i dont care , i just need to get hold of some software to sequence the thing, can anyone help , or are you just here to bitch this machine further?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             15-Jul-97  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

Go to the MC303 home page :-
http://people/zeelandnet.nl/bdeloos/mc303/

And no, it's not a bag of shite. Evryone thought the
TB303 was a bag of shite when it was first intoduced.
In fact Roland were giving them away with other models
at one stage 'cos the sales were so poor.
The machine makes noises and it's up to you to use 'em
stretch, bend 'em to produce new sounds -
So if someone tells you the box is shite - tell 'em
to fuck off 'cos they jack hsit.

Message 3/17             15-Jul-97  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

KILO

ER.......SO HOW COME YOU NEED A SOFTWARE FOR IT THEN ???........Why not go to the MC-303 review here, where there is a link to an MC-303 site whre you can get all the lowdown & the real-deal on the sysex editing, software bugs & limitations etc etc.....

See,,,,for me as a MUSICIAN,.........when I do a gig etc or am doing a studio track, I want immediacy, ...what I dont want is to be fucking around with sysex just to adjust the most basic of things like assigning sounds to channels etc.......what a fuckin nightmare.......it's the spontanaity for me that makes a great track, those happy accidents that one stumbles across when tweaking stuff on the fly real fast etc.......I cannot get that froma machine that demands computor code editing for the simplest of things, and I dont want to live with a bunch of preset sounds ....I want original sounds.....

In a live gig situation, even having to use a controller number to switch ON portamento is a No-No for me, although more times than not I am forced by manufacturers to do this...... you need speed and efficiency for live stuff.......

Message 4/17             15-Jul-97  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

dark1

i see your point , but , erm...i aint doing live stuff, this is a bedroom project , and i needs a nice graphical editor, i know the built in sequencer pretty well, it just does nothing for me , i need more flexability, basically having an application just to lay down drum tracks would be nice, i find that after twiddling with the mc for a few hours , it just becomes tideous, hence i need software

Message 5/17             15-Jul-97  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

dark1

PS: o name-less person, that site adress diddnt work  

Message 6/17             15-Jul-97  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

kid303

thats the trouble with the mc303. i love the sounds but
programming the sequencer is a fackin nightmare. I
mean you want to add a cymbal crash at some point
then you have to create a whole new pattern and add
in the note.Compared to a dedicated sequencer where
you can cut and paste,repeat,merge etc etc it's just
can't cut it.To create a whole track requires about
100 patterns and 6 tons of notes on whats on what
pattern.

Message 7/17             15-Jul-97  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

dark1

WooHoooo , two moans , maybee somebody will help find me a nice editor (apart from seq303) to play with

Message 8/17             16-Jul-97  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

dark1

WooHoooo , two moans , maybee somebody will help find me a nice editor (apart from seq303) to play with

Message 9/17             16-Jul-97  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

KILO

I think the sad fact is....there isn't really a dedicated editor for the MC........You can get a mixermap for cubase,....What you need to do is get a list of all the NRPN's then construct an editor setup in cakewalk/cubase or whatever

Message 10/17             16-Jul-97  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

Leo

Okey dokey, here's your web site again :-

http://people.zeelandnet.nl.bdeloos/mc303/

I've tried it and it works.

As to all the frigging around, well hey, yeah it's got
limitations, but so has ecery box.
You wanna know my kit list? Well here goes :-

PC running Cakewalk Pro Audio V6
TBS FIJI
Phil Rees V10 MIDI THRU unit
Roland MC-303
Novation BassStation
Novation Drum Station
Zoom Studio 1204 FX unit
Emu Emax II ( cheers to kilo there 'cos it's shit hot )
AkaiS950
Roland D110
Makie 1604 VLZ desk

Kit is Kit and if the fucker makes a sound then I
can use it. Nuff said.

Message 11/17             16-Jul-97  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

kilo

Agreed.and yes.aint that emax a babe huh ?!!!......... but really it must be said, that especially for a beginner, the MC is a bit of a nightmare...

Message 12/17             16-Jul-97  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

dark1

HTTP Proxy reports:

The proxy server has encountered an error (Host was not found).

Message 13/17             16-Jul-97  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

dark1

OK , i got an idea, anyone here with programming knowledge??
pleeeeeeeeeeese programme summink, i`ll pay forrit

i`m done

Message 14/17             16-Jul-97  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

Leo

Dark1 matey,
The http works just fine for me, so try doing a web
search for groovebox.

Later mate.

Message 15/17             17-Jul-97  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

avene

Yeah, I had an MC303 when they first came out and the main problem I had with it was the timing. Sequencers with internal synth engines, like the MC, should sound really tight. I personally found the timing on this to be extremely sloppy. Oh, and the sequence editing sucked also. I traded mine in for a BassStation, and then traded that in for Logic audio.

Message 16/17             17-Jul-97  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

kilo

er.............. Obviousy roland are not going to support this product,or there would be an editor........I think that there will be a version 2 MC with us sometime in the not too distant future.

Message 17/17             17-Jul-97  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: I NEED SOFTWARE FOR MC303

dark1

completley agree with avene, the sequencer is sloppy , hence i need software, so no-one wants to write any huh?
well , worth a go , cheers

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)