aaa Software waveform generator? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Software waveform generator?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             11-Aug-97  @  09:35 PM   -   Software waveform generator?

Mick

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The way I see it the best way to make efficient
(and original) use of a sampling card with very
little memory (like my awe) would be to have a
software analogue synth emulator which generates
.wav files of a single wavelength. Is there such a
thing? I know cool edit can kinda do it but not
very satisfactorily. My ideal would be something that
generates a fundamental freq, a bunch of harmonics
and has some filters (all done in real time of
course :-)
Anybody know of anything?
Incidentally, how about a complete midi controllable
synth emulator using the same principles?

Mike

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             11-Aug-97  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: Software waveform generator?

kilo

well.you know it will happen......maybe not with the awe tho....should just be an algorythm that is playable from any keyboard on any pc....like rebirth but playable....no delay

Message 3/5             11-Aug-97  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Software waveform generator?

Have you checked the Reality from Seer Systems? It works with Creative Labs Soundcards and is
a software synthesizer for Windows 95 based on PCM, FM, and Physical Modeling (not so good)
synthesis. Lots of Filters, full MIDI controlled, great MIDI Matrix, NO DELAY!! ( says Seer Systems).

Panos Kolias

Message 4/5             25-Sep-97  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Software waveform generator?

Bizarreboy

Reality is your ticket mate!depending on your cpu its up 64 voices of pure pc synthesis.If you want actual hands on control of reality's parameters,I would suggest getting a Peavey PC1600x or something equivilant.Its pure joy.If you have a sampler add Awave.This will convert your samples to wav(nearly every audio/sampler format support)The possibilties with this system(I'm also assuming you have sequencer with digital audio)are only limited by your imagination.If you don't have a sampler,don't worry just stay plugged into this site.You can't go wrong.avene what do think.You are a fellow user.I'm experienting with random pitch give to static drum loops some life-just an example of the possibilities Bizarreboy

Message 5/5             25-Sep-97  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: Software waveform generator?

kilko

You are talking about Mr ZAP's STOMPER programme....get the demo downloaded from the synth section.......it is designed to do exactly what you have requested... !!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)