aaa SCSI CONNX FOR PC - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SCSI CONNX FOR PC

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             01-Sep-97  @  12:48 PM   -   SCSI CONNX FOR PC

KID303

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT,WHAT I REALLY,REALLY WANT....

I WANNA CONNECT MY SAMPLER TO MY PC
TO EDIT MY SAMPLES WITH SOUNDFORGE
OR RECYCLE ETC. HAS ANYONE GOT THEIR
SAMPLER CONNECTED TO THEIR PC VIA SCSI? MY QUESTION IS WHETHER YOU NEEDED TO TERMINATE YOUR PC AND IF SO HOW THIS WAS ACHIEVED? AS MY ZIP
DRIVE IS THE LAST DEVICE IN THE CHAIN IT HAS AN OPTION TO MAKE IT THE TERMINATED DEVICE. HOW YOU DO THIS ON A PC IS A MYSTERY.......

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             01-Sep-97  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: SCSI CONNX FOR PC

kilo

Link?:  No link

the terminator block goes on the other end surewly ?..........the pc controls the devices......., the last item in the chain should have the block fitted there.....however...bear in mind, that unless your editing s/w reads the sampler format....or the sampler reads .wav format, then transferring is a waste of time, as it will be unreadable once it gets to the pc.......

Message 3/4             01-Nov-97  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: SCSI CONNX FOR PC

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Question: I've got the Adaptec 2930 scsi controller and Easy CD Pro that came with it. I've been using it pretty hitch free with my k2000, but now I've just added 3 pieces of gear to the chain: a Phillips CDD 2000 CD-Burner, a small HD, and a Peavey SP sampler.

First, when I try to write a disk, data or audio, my computer crashes. I've done some basic archiving with this setup with some freeware, so how come I've got problems with the boutique software? Second, the HD won't register with a drive letter, though my system's recognizing it perfectly in every other respect. Lastly, does anyone know if I will fall into trouble with the Peavey SP, as I'm not sure if either it or the k2000 have built in termination (I've always assumed that the k2, like e-mu's, were terminated).

Also, I'm considering getting a zip drive since I'm running so many different formats. Any comments.

Help, please!!! Anybody!

Message 4/4             01-Nov-97  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: SCSI CONNX FOR PC

Avene

Link?:  Link

I got a question also..I have an Iomega Jaz Jet SCSI interface on my PC. I was originally going to get a Jaz drive, but I haven't had the money. Since I had the Jaz Jet interface installed, Syquest have released their 1.5 gig Syjet. Does anyone know if this will work with the Jaz Jet? Iomega don't seem to think it will, but even if it did they wouldn't suggest it anyway would they?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)