aaa another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             03-Sep-97  @  12:24 PM   -   another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

luke.hodge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i have a novation bassstation rack and i have encountered a bit of hassle. Whilst the
preset sounds are very good i have been messing around with them and have got a really
good sound the problem being is that i dont know how to save the changes i have made to
all the knobs(!) and things- which is a real pain!!!!! can you help me cus i know there
are spaces 40-99 to save into and i want to use them!!. Also how do i record the tweaks
that i make to the module when the sound are being recorded or played, as midi data
because i know that a few of the knobs send midi data. i use cubasis and cubase score
if thats any help- cheers.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             03-Sep-97  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

KILO

OK.....I've got the keyboard version.......on that, you switch the UTILITY MODE switch to "KEYBOARD".....disable the write protect, dial a position & save.....

I'll ask Novation about the rack for you tommorrow...........

to send the control knob data, you need to go to the Midi filter section in cubase, and check that it is enabled to record & send sysex, then simply record your notes......rewind the track.....play....and adjust the knobs.....the data will be sent over to the Cubase.......make sure that the cubase is set to "OVERDUB" rather than OVERWRITE, in the transport bar.....that should do the trick.....or there is a way of sending the patch dump over as well.......that way, you can save the novation sounds on the beginning of the track, so when you load a song the novation sets itself to play the right sound.....this is great, cos you can obviously also ask the Novation to change sounds in the middle of a bar if neccessary !!.......anyhow.....I'll try to get the details of how to do these things with the rack version, and post it up !!

Message 3/9             04-Sep-97  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Sven.hundleberg

Good morning , can i ask how many years old are you kilo, just wondering

Message 4/9             04-Sep-97  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have been wondering this too...

Message 5/9             04-Sep-97  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

KILO

how's that ?.......38.....…

Message 6/9             04-Sep-97  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks kilo are you some kind of a machine you know everything!!!. Whats the meaning of life??

Message 7/9             04-Sep-97  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

kilo

Message 8/9             05-Sep-97  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

those WERE good books... I'm amazed, Kilo... I thought for sure you were way more "electronic" looking than me, and I was the only rocker lookin fellow on here... Cool, mate.. We finally get to see the mad genius behind all this  

Message 9/9             05-Sep-97  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: another bassstation problem!!!!!!!!!!!

kilo

Oh yeah.......I am partial to a bit of metal shredding meself !!..........I use a totally modified Fender squire strat with a single PAF at the bridge, and a Marshall amp ....Rat distortion & Jim Dunlop "Cry-Baby" pedals....

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)