aaa DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             10-Sep-97  @  01:44 PM   -   DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

SIR

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I`m after a dat machine but really cant figure out which one to get, Obviously Sound quality takes the highest priority, then Price, I`m not really bothered about the asthetic design, So i basically need to know what the best cheapest machine is and also the best most expensive is, any comments would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             11-Sep-97  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

Sir

or should i be checking the dat section of kilo`s page or summink?

Message 3/16             11-Sep-97  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

kilo

there aint a dat section.......thing is, it depends where you are located....here in london, if you want a cheap dat, you go down to Turnkey, who buy in such massive bulk, that they are almost guaranteed to beat anyones price for popular machines that shift in quantity.......but where you are, it may be different.....expect to pay from 500 up for a decent new machine.....look at Fostex, Tascam, Denon, technics etc etc....all the usual bulk manufacturers.....

Message 4/16             11-Sep-97  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

Sir

cheerz kilo, I know turnkey well, I`ll havta pop down there

Message 5/16             23-Sep-97  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

mobeus

Tascam DA20, never touch a Sony portable, I've had soooo many problems with them. The DA20 is an excellent pro-machine at a domestic price, don't pay more than 600ukp for it.

Message 6/16             23-Sep-97  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

Sir

Any other makes to bear in mind, its gettin close to payday  

Message 7/16             24-Sep-97  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

Grassy Noel

The DA-20 is not pro. My friend got one and it broke. It has minimal options and has been discontinued. The DA-30 is more expensive but loads better. Also look at the Panasonic.

Message 8/16             24-Sep-97  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

feral52

WHAT DO YOU DO HERE......???

Message 9/16             24-Sep-97  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

kilo

yup it's true that the Sony portables have a crappy reputation.......my denon has lasted years without a hitch......mind you, I had to get it imported from Tokyo

Message 10/16             24-Sep-97  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

flashy basket!  

Message 11/16             26-Sep-97  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

feral52

I repeat........WHAT DO YOU DO HERE...is that yous'e E-mail people or something.....??????...Some one please answer my question..........!!!!!!!!

Message 12/16             26-Sep-97  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

feral

I think I have the hang of this thing now....do you always talk like this...cos it is really boring......!!!!

Message 13/16             26-Sep-97  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

kilo

huh ?........ Feral, can you explain what the fuck you are rambling on about ??

Message 14/16             27-Sep-97  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

Avene

Link?:  Link

We got some bad ferals here in Sydney, and they stink aswell....

Message 15/16             27-Sep-97  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

Avene

Link?:  Link

Oh, and by the way, I got a Denon DTR-2000. It was the cheapest around when I bought it about 6 or 7 years ago, and it's always been reliable. Don't get a Tascam portable, I know someone who's got one, and it rarely works properly. I also know people who have had problems with Sony and Panasonic DATS.

Message 16/16             20-Oct-97  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: DAT-WHATS THE BEST TO BUY?

skitz

What about the Panasonic SV3800 DAT.. I know it's a bit pricey but that funky shuttle thing looks kinda cool. Has anyone got any comments on this DAT before I rush out and buy one?????

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)