aaa PC -> Mac Audio files - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: PC -> Mac Audio files

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             15-Sep-97  @  12:31 AM   -   PC -> Mac Audio files

Sedusa66

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My friend has a CD burner, and I'm planning to bring some of my .wav files to him to put them on disc... But he has a Mac, and I've got a PC... I was wondering what the standard Mac audio file format is, and what editor I could use to convert the files.. Also, I don't know that much about Macs, so should I send them in Email, or is there some kind of interplatform storage?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             15-Sep-97  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: PC -> Mac Audio files

kilO

mac's audio files are AIFF..........Resample Pro will reformat them to .WAV or the other way round........but er.......how can your PC read them once encoded as mac files ?........
better to get a SCSI card, and bring the CD burner to your yard for the job....

Message 3/4             16-Sep-97  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: PC -> Mac Audio files

Sedusa66

Well Kilo, the tracks are pretty much done... I just need to get them recorded and mixed (No DAT, ADAT, Reel to Reel or anything here) and play them on some of my mates' hifis, kick 'em around, see how they sound... My mate with the CD-R owns a small multimedia studio, doing all kinds of shit with computer graphics and (Fuck Yeah!) Digital Audio... So I don't think he'd be too keen on coming over with his gear... I figure I can give 'em a mix over at his place (With REAL gear... I've told you about the crap I have here) and burn em - to get the real satisfaction of getting my music on a format that I can bring over to peoples houses and blast! Anyways, I'll make backup copies of my tracks (I've got LOTS of HD space)... What editor will convert the files? And what extension should they have (.iff .aif .aiff?!!!!!) and willl they show up on my hard drive at all?! Please help me Kilo
(As if you haven't done enough already... I owe you a lot Kilo.. If I'm ever in the UK I'll fuckin buy you a drink..
Thanks
Saul

Message 4/4             16-Sep-97  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: PC -> Mac Audio files

kilo

why not get over with your pc in a taxi to your friends studio, .....then wire it into their system and transfer it into the system over there ?.......your friend will know the file spec they use and if they have any converter tools or programmes, or if they have to record the sound in analog, then burn it from there

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)