aaa sampling soundcards - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: sampling soundcards

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             16-Sep-97  @  07:38 PM   -   sampling soundcards

kai.daguerre

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I currently have a TB Maui and Tahiti. I'm pretty happy with the digital audio for the time being, but I'd like to upgrade the sampling capabilities of the system. This would allow me to eventually get one of the nice multi i/o digital audio cards by Event or the E-Magic Audiowerk

Anyone know of any cards along the lines of the Maui but better quality (or at least that accepts more sample RAM), that provides dedicated sample playback /editing without the digital audio.

(otherwise I guess I'll just get a Pinnacle or a Terratec. EWS 64.)

On a more general note, what are the main weaknesses of soundcard based sampling as compared to using a stand alone sampler.

Ta

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             16-Sep-97  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: sampling soundcards

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got a SB32 and will soon get a samlpler!
The greatest weakness with my soundcard is
(won't mention the crappy filters) that it only has two outputs (left and right).
This makes further soundprocessing very difficult.
A sampler isn't exposed to all the elektromagnetic
interference in the computer, wich gives you a noisy
sound.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)