aaa New Site, -Free Samples!!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             14-Oct-97  @  05:31 PM   -   New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

avene

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just thought I'd let you all know that I've set up a small site.... Rather than trying to compete with this site I'll be mainly focusing on providing a set of samples in .wav format each 2 weeks. These will remain there for 4 weeks giving most people time to grab them. The samples will also be available as Reality banks and none of the sets will exceed 1.4mb so they'll easily fit on a floppy. Each set will contain all the sounds to put a track together. What I mean by this is that they will include drums, bass, strings, and anything else that may work.

The site is at:

http://www.nettrade.com.au/avene

and is called Planet Cytasia.

The first set is up there now.... Another thing, you won't get sued for any of the samples, they're all pretty short and any loops I include will be already chopped up so you can use the individual sounds. Eventually I'll include links to programs also, and maybe even a few interviews somewhere down the track.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             14-Oct-97  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

Spot

Link?:  Link

Nice Site avenue, good idea, fast download ..,i`m yet to check the samples  )

Message 3/8             14-Oct-97  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

fern

Yeah..The samples are pretty good, nice piano sounds, although guitar file is currupt., but otherwise nice

Message 4/8             15-Oct-97  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

Avene

The name's just Avene, there's no U in there Spot. It's an old grafitti tag from ten years if anyone's interested. It came from advent, but I just changed a couple of letters.

Anyway I've just fixed up some of the samples in the file, mainly those with a click at the end such as the drums. I've also renamed some of the musical sounds to include the key they're in. Pretty soon I'm gonna increase the size of the file and each one thereafter to 2mb. So Fern, go back in a few days and try it again when I've increased the size.

I've just added the samples as a Reality bank aswell, all mapped accross the keyboard and in the right pitch.

Message 5/8             15-Oct-97  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

Avene

The name's just Avene, there's no U in there Spot. It's an old grafitti tag from ten years if anyone's interested. It came from advent, but I just changed a couple of letters.

Anyway I've just fixed up some of the samples in the file, mainly those with a click at the end such as the drums. I've also renamed some of the musical sounds to include the key they're in. Pretty soon I'm gonna increase the size of the file and each one thereafter to 2mb. So Fern, go back in a few days and try it again when I've increased the size.

I've just added the samples as a Reality bank aswell, all mapped accross the keyboard and in the right pitch.

Message 6/8             15-Oct-97  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

Spot

Sheeeeeee-ite avene, do appologise, but my typin` and spellin` is shite!, visit my site and spot the spelling mistakes.. www.brothers.demon.co.uk

Its a fun filled music extraviganza with competitions free giveaways, star interviews and .....
actually , its just a download site nothing more  )

Message 7/8             17-Oct-97  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

Avene

Yeah, you got some good tools at your site spot. You're not the only one who's called me avenue, a national radio station here in Austarlia once played one of my tracks and the announcer called me that.

Well anyway, I've just upgraded the samples again. The set is now 2mb in size. The extra samples include a full Oberheim DMX drum kit (normalised and maximised), a bass sound I use a lot and some other stuff.

Message 8/8             16-Nov-97  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: New Site, -Free Samples!!!!

I've just put up the next set, incase anybodie's interested...

By the way does anyone know of any companies who give you free web pages? I've already got space at Fortune city(6mb), Geocities(2mb), and One Stop(2mb). If anyone knows of any others, I'd appreciate the info....I just need some more space so I can put up some tracks, and maybe even some more samples...

Avene.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)