aaa Rebirth 1.5 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Rebirth 1.5

Viewing all 75 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message 1/75             19-Oct-97  @  11:16 PM   -   Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey everybody.. it's out if you want it...
http://www.propellerheads.se/index.html..
Haven't dld the demo yet, gotta run off to the store for some DAT tapes, but I"ll check it out when I dl it later.. happy birthday!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/75             20-Oct-97  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

firstly, the FTP is down, secondly, no good for the cracked version (as yet) ;)

Message 3/75             20-Oct-97  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

I thought version 1.0 was good - this is now awesome, especially if you have MIDI gear with lots of knobs and faders that can be programmed to send out whatever control message.

The MIDI implementation is fantastic - right down to programming synth and drum patterns into the sequencer via MIDI!!!

Message 4/75             21-Oct-97  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

the ftp site is working, but it still won't work on my cracked version..

Message 5/75             25-Oct-97  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

there is a crack of this. i tracked it down using an ftp search engine

Message 6/75             26-Oct-97  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

You complete sacks of shit who use the cracked versions ought to be really ashamed of yourselves.
I hope you have really miserable lives and die in agony.

You are no better than common criminals, and people like me who pay for it are subsidising you base mongrels.
I'd like to get my hands on you and throttle you.

Ever been robbed or had anything stolen from you? It's not a pleasant experience I can assure you from my experience.

You really are useless fat fuckheads and THE DANCE MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE DOESN'T NEED SHITS LIKE YOU.
It is supposed to be about PLUR but thieves don't get my PLUR.

Message 7/75             26-Oct-97  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

Rodney mate..... would you mind please maoderating both your language at my site please..... stop playing the hard done to fall-guy....you've got a victims mentality.....would you also advocate voilence towards people cos they bought something secondhand and paid less than you did new ??...... some folks do get hold of cracks....it's the software game......but you as a registered user get proper version, upgrades, help, and a box !!...etc.......that's why you paid for the reg version yes ?...... relax and have a nice day why doncha !!

Message 8/75             26-Oct-97  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

sergxp50

I feel like I have 1.5
c r a c k e d
Sorry, Propellerheads..

Message 9/75             26-Oct-97  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

what's the name of the file? (So I can ftp search for it)

Message 10/75             26-Oct-97  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Who is I?

Message 11/75             26-Oct-97  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

i have the same prob with my rebirth cracked thing please give the name of this site or atleast the file it up to us if we want to look for it really!!! Anyway that rodney boy is a bit of an idiot. He's basically saying how on earth have you managed to find the file when i cant really remember how to turn on my computer. Sorry but cheif dick award does go to him- RODNEY YOU PLONKER

Message 12/75             26-Oct-97  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Itīs worth to buy (if u can afford it...or release records using it)

Holger

Message 13/75             27-Oct-97  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Christ

"I" am the Christ, Jesus to my friends. Although being the son of God lets you do all kinds of neat things like walk on water and cure lepers, it doesn't help me in a blind ftp search. Oh yeah, my dad says everyone at Steinberg is going to Hell for charging too much money for their products and interfering with the cosmic rave up here.

Message 14/75             27-Oct-97  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

ftp search (not filez .com), rebirth, search button, and that's it.

Message 15/75             27-Oct-97  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

serve2

Hey, I can't get the P Filter thingy on the demo version to work. I switch on the pfilter switch on the 808, mess about with all the settings and nothing happens..Did they exclude this from the demo or am just a dickhead who doesn't know anything?

Message 16/75             27-Oct-97  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

you said it

Message 17/75             27-Oct-97  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Yeah Rodney...it's a crack

Ow!Ow!Ow! That PCF thingy sounds like a chicken choking being flushed down the toilet!!!

Message 18/75             27-Oct-97  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5 - Reply to Kilo and Mr Underscore

rodneyh

Kilo - sorry about the language. I should have expressed myself more eloquently. As far as "Maoderating both your language" at your site yes I will - by the way "moderating" doesn't have an "a" before the "o", "both" usually implies plurality of the subject, and I only recall using English at any rate.

Okay - I've been on the receiving end of a lot of crime this year - but I sure don't see myself as hard done by or a victim, I'm very fortunate in many ways.

It has however given me a total disrespect for people who help themselves to other people's hard-earned property - be it physical, intellectual property or whatever. This includes software thieves, they are pathetic. I mean what do they contribute towards this planet? If we all just stole from others, no-one would do anything constructive or original. They should wake up to themselves and starting contributing something positive to this place.

Yes as a registered user I get updates, but so too do the thieves it seems. I purchased, not because I couldn't easily get a cracked version if I wanted too (I could), but because I believe in a fair reward for effort, and the 'Heads deserve a fair reward. Unlike certain other music software manufacturers, they develop pretty much bug free, original software and don't make a whole bunch of false delivery date promises.

I don't see why you suggest I'd advocate violence towards those who buy bargain used goods that I'd paid top dollar for new. It can be a great way to buy and if you do well this way good for you. But you can't draw a parallel between this and anger towards thieves. I'm not that poor that I'm going to get upset about paying top dollars for something new. But helping yourself to other people's property does upset me. I'm far from being some moral crusader, but I can't help thinking that if people see nothing wrong with theft (of music software or whatever), they're losing perspective.

To Mr Underscore I have a few questions-
Firstly, are you too afraid to use your real email address? I guess I would be if I were a thief.

Secondly, why do you think I couldn't easily get hold of a cracked version if I wanted to ?

Thirdly what the heck would you know about my degree of prowess using computers anyway?

And finally why is someone who vents a little steam at people who deserve it an "idiot"?

Message 19/75             27-Oct-97  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5 - to Kilo again

rodneyh

Oh by the way one more thing - OK it's your site man, but if it were mine, I wouldn't be preaching to others about using the same language in one post that I'd used frequently in the site myself.

Message 20/75             27-Oct-97  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

I agree with rodney... kilo, you can be a real stupid shit sometimes, and I wonder how old you are...17??? how would you like me to point some of the manufacturers of this software to this site so that they can shut you down???? I doubt anyone would like to send gear for review to a person who condones thievery, so you should just shut your stupid fuckin mouth!!!

Message 21/75             27-Oct-97  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

well, the self-righteousness paints a Scandanavian, but I'm afraid the tone of voice is an American. (boo-hoo) I thought we'd come so far....

as far as I can see, Propellorheads have only helped homogenize electronic music anyway. Thanks, you fuckin' generic swedes, like we fuckin' need another goddamn 303-emulator and a sample cutting program that takes less than a brain to operate. Last time I checked, it was fun to cut up samples by hand. Shit, you talk as if jungle couldn't have existed without it.

hehehe, now I'm just fuckin' wit people for fun. And the language-thing, Rodney, you don't seem to have that natural ability we get growing up in the cities to swear without sounding like an asshole. u wanna cerrect mi spellin' errers fo' me?

Message 22/75             27-Oct-97  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Matt_Riddell

Come on guys (/girls?) give kilo a break! If this site wasn't here you wouldn't be moaning on it. I think it has got to be the best site I have seen in the area of this kind of shit. You know what? I'm also a software developer and if I write a program and someone cracks then all due respect to them. Maybe you guys would be a bit more suited on a site like Microsoft.Com!

I mean give the guy a break!

Matt
(Londonian)

Message 23/75             27-Oct-97  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Well all I can say is that I am dam pleased that I didnt buy Rebirth because its a pile of toilet. You buttheads go on keep buying all the shit coz while its there for free I'm ganna ave some! Rodney and no name have you got itchy willies?.

Message 24/75             27-Oct-97  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

the ref.

everyone just chill out man!!!!!! pay or no pay it your own choice. You select a route you select the consequences
we are all in this together. As for saying about kilo like that, go and find your own site to piss off he's spent the time to create it then give him respect i beleve that you represent the only person here who is like that so FUCK OFF, we dont need you- rodney your cool, but mister no name I THINK NOT!!!!!

Message 25/75             27-Oct-97  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

KILO

LISTEN RODNEY.. I dont need some stupid sarcy lecture about grammer based on an obvious spelling mistake........comprendez ??....... You just come over as being a smart arse.....

Oh..... question Rodney .... did you ever tape a cassette of some music from a cd or record ever ??..........

well that's piracy as well actually......... but of course.... YOU NEVER EVER DID IT HUH ???.......never ever ever ever made a cassette.... or do you write first to ASCAP and ask permission ?????.....your not even allowed technically to make a cassette of a CD you paid for, to play in your car or ghettoblaster.....THAT is the law !!!!.....but.....

..... everyone does it... however in a court of law, you'd get the same as a crack s/w user....... the music biz is making bloody billions..... it actually employs more people than any other industry in the UK at least....and is also one of the highest earners in the UK's business sector, yet it still skanks all the artists.....

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE LEGAL MINIMUM OFFERABLE TO AN ARTIST FOR A RECORD DEAL IS ??.....6% POXY PERCENT !!!!!!! OF 90% OF NET !!!!!.......(after expenses, video promo costs, recording costs marketing costs, design costs, mastering costs, pressing costs, distribution costs..... ZERO !!!...)

they impose stuff like SCMS on our dat machines so we can't even copy our own bloody music more than a few times without an SCMS stripper !!!........ and bleat on about home taping killing music etc.....and they still want to have a tax added to worldwide music sales to cover thier claimed losses....which will push UP the price of music.....

Get a life I say........ if rebirth was 30 quid instead of 150, then I'm sure there'd be less people using a crack........ hey but in the end, steinberg are wealthy, and one of the worlds top s/w houses...... so what ??..... are these people bankrupting them ?? .... obviously no..... In fact, true or not, I actually heard a roumour that steinberg released some early Cubase cracks themselves as a promo for the reguistered programmes ??? !!!......!!... and another thing....

Did you notice amongst all this litigatious talk, the S/W houses STILL manage to impose a no-option on YOUR behalf disclaimer on ALL software saying in effect.....

"We dont say this software works, and dont guarantee it to do the job we say it will do.... no comebacks at all.....we can legally make you wait for anything up to a year or more to get it to work, even if in the literature and brochures and manual says it WILL work with whatever set-up or card you have etc......you can in fact be used as a paid guinue-pig to test our software & pay for the privalege.... etc etc etc"........ and dont tell me that's bollox, cos my mate had to wait for a year to get a Cubase that DID work with his DAL card....AS IT CLAIMED IN WOULD IN THE CUBASE USER MANUAL !!!!!!

dont notice any complaining about THAT !!!!!!

AND AS FOR YOU MR NO-NAME...... POINT AWAY.......EXPOSE ME......I'M SHITTING MYSELF (especially at your mega-hard-man verbal !!!)....... THEY'RE GONNA CLOSE ME DOWN ....ARGGHHHH!!!!!..... YEAH RIGHT !!!.... GO AWAY AND WRITE A BIBLE OR SOMETHING...... THIS SITE ACTUALLY PROMOTES ALL THE COMPANIES GOODS, AND, HANDS OUT LEGAL PROPER DEMO'S ALSO...... SO THEY GET FREE PROMO AND A FREE MIRROR SERVER.....AS WELL AS FREE RA FACILITIES FOR PUNTERS TO LISTEN TO THIER SYNTHS ETC, COS THEY IN MOST CASES DONT SET UP THAT FACILITY !!!!!!.......HOW COME AKAI, ROLAND, QUASIMIDI, WALDORF, ETC ARE ACTUALLY OFFERING GOODS TO BE REVIEWED THEN ?????...........PROBLEM IS....UNLIKE ALL THE MAGAZINES, I DONT GET PAID WHOPPING GREAT BUNDLES OF MONEY EACH WEEK TO REVIEW SYNTHS......SO I HAVE TROUBLE FINDING THE TIME TO ADD MORE STUFF OR BELIEVE ME THOSE REVIEWS WOULD BE POSTED ALREADY !......whereas..... the music mag's rake in thousands per full-page ad' monthly.....believe me, if I could get sponsorship, this webzine would explode with new stuff.......

Also to answer your query Rodders......a miserable life dying in agony ???....... I take that as wishing violence upon someone dont you ?...... you shouldn't do that kinda stuff mate........

obviously, there's always gonna be people posting slaggings at a site like this, where there is no closed user group...... I dont really care, cos I'm not into censoring stuff...... if you are saying that allowing people to talk about cracked s/w is condoning it, then I guess you need a dictionary to help you define condone....... I just beleive in free speech.... after all, did I remove these slaggings directed at me ??..... all I have to do is erase them from the server database.... no....who cares.... I have 'nuff mail from people saying thanks for saving them time & money...... That's MY way of helping the world dance community you gas on about.....trying to help newcomers NOT wasting their money by walking into the nearest music dealer to get sold some new expensive crap, that the dealer knows is due to be replaced in 2 weeks with a newer better model, or a new item no better than something they could get S/H for cheaper etc etc etc........trying to give newbies some reference, basic instructions about terms, FX etc etc etc..... I also try to encourage newbies to believe that they CAN make a good track for a small investment.... they maybe read all the glossy mags and think..."Shit !!.. I need thousands of dollars..."..... this helps to get people creative..... better than being discouraged yes ?

My official position on Rebirth is:

well, if you really want a 303 emulation for home recording....great it does the job, and saves a heap of dosh..... no complaints.......even the price is reasonable for what it does.......certainly cheaper than a real 303...... so can you leave me alone now......

Lastly I'll say.........you guys see the posts here, but beleive me, there 's nuff mail comes in from newbies who just read the FAQ's etc & dont post here......

oh.. and incidently, I got a mail..... today in fact, from some guy who said...." Thanx for the advice.... tell the (3) companies concerned that I actually bought their software's because of this site !!.....

the guy read the reviews, downloaded the demo's, and coughed up for 3 seperate programmes at once....... hard life huh ?

Message 26/75             28-Oct-97  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

When I read the shit Kilo was getting, I was all set to yell and say "Fuck You!" a lot, but I think that Kilo stood up for himself quite well, and I couldn't really add anything intelligent.. but, Kilo is a really great guy (as far as I know him, living on another continent) who spends a lot of time helping people out and goes out of his way... I think that any longtime Dancetech viewer would agree with me in saying that, if you are working with Electronic music, this site is an absolutely INDISPENSABLE resource.. And Kilo is the man who makes it all happen.. He doesn't seem 17, he sounds down-to-earth and not full of shit like some corporate exec trying to hock his newest product.
Kilo deserves way more respect than you have given him, guys.

Message 27/75             28-Oct-97  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Avene

Oh damn, shit's goin' off here.... Yeah, well anyway, in my opinion cracks and warez are cool, as long as they're not being used for commercial gain. Personally I look at Rebirth as being a bit of a toy anyway. I don't know if anyone's used it for an album or anything, but I suppose the 808 is ok, but you don't get separate outs for all the drums like a real 808, do you?

Here in Australia Rebirth retails for $395, so Rodney probably would have paid somewhere between $300 & $350 for his copy...For the same money or less you could get a second soundcard which would enable you to use the demo version and sample the output into the other card. I've read this here before, I can't remember who talked about it, but it works and you don't have to buy the software to use the sounds in your tracks.

Another thing, who the !#%* are Steinberg and Proppellor heads to be making money from software clones of real machines originally made years ago by Roland??? So what if they made the program themselves, they're still ripping off the design and sounds from another company. Isn't this STEALING? Think about it, especially you Rodney, ya hypocrite. Get a life and stop giving Aussies a bad name.

Message 28/75             28-Oct-97  @  04:34 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rarb15rc.zip is the file.

Message 29/75             28-Oct-97  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Well kilo, actually you werem doing more than just letting the bloke have free speech... you were saying why its ok to steal intellectual property...AND you also WERE trying to cansor this site you hypocrite when you told rodney to watch his language, AND copying a tape for your own use is one thing, and I don't care to get into the legality of that issue,
BUT... copying a tape and selling it or posting it for free is not only illegal... it wrong.. and the same goes for software......

Message 30/75             28-Oct-97  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Peezahj

(phew) he's an Aussie? Thank god

Once, a guy was buying something from me, and he asked if I would lower the price if he game me some crack. Here I was all ready to get hittin' the pipe, and he pulls a disk out of his pocket. Man, what a let down.

So I guess I paid for cracked s/w. Is that still immoral? ;-)

Thanks for the great site, Kilo, it's not just for newbies (& no, I didn't actually pay for warez).

Hilevelt

Message 31/75             28-Oct-97  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

Uh-Oh.... mr No-Nmame is back..... lets study this:

Well kilo, actually you werem doing more than just letting the bloke have free speech...
you were saying why its ok to steal intellectual property

....Hol' up !!!....... right....where do I say it's ok to steal intellectual property....??..... or do you simply advocate denying others discussion of any subject that you personally disagree with ?

...AND you also WERE trying to
cansor this site you hypocrite when you told rodney to watch his language,

wait up......asking someone to moderate their language is one thing.... yet I have NOT removed his comments....as they are valid to him, as others are to them.... so I leave them posted.... I simply dont want this area to become full of expletives.....

AND
copying a tape for your own use is one thing, and I don't care to get into the legality of
that issue, BUT... copying a tape and selling it or posting it for free is not only illegal... it
wrong.. and the same goes for software......

uhu........ so artists getting taped and having THEIR ideas and intellectual property stolen is not interesting to you ?........only software authors....... hmmmmmm....... rather inconsistant logic there my friend......you cant ignore one area of the issue especially as a musician.......or did you just come here for a 5 minute argument ??........ or do you just not want to discuss an area where you have no moral high ground ???..........ITS ALL ILLEGAL MY BROTHER !!!............so if we're talking legalities........lets keep it non-exclusive......or didnt you know YOU were breaking the law !!!.......sorry.......

I do understand what you mean about the difference between copying for personal use, and distribution, such as with DJ mix tapes perhaps ?........ but LEGALLY it's all the same.......etc etc.......in fact wasn't it Danny Rampling saying recently that if he goes down to Camden market and sees his tapes being bootlegged again he'll call the old bill immeadiately ??........ kinda wierd, cos the DJ tapes..... do they pay royalties to the artists who's tracks they are mixing ??

hmmmmmm....... I wonder what will happen if Roland decide to start issueing writs against sample libraries or anyone using a sampler, for stealing 909 or 808 or 303 etc sounds ??......

ps. any chance of letting us know who you are ?........

Message 32/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

DeMoN

I think Rodders is just gutted that he paid for something that we can all get free hahaha. Kilo, I agree totally with you. By the way I rekon Rodney IS Mr no name! :0)

Message 33/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

First I'd like to give the respect to Kilo that is due - I don't know any details about him, but he (or she) has obviously gone to a lot of trouble to maintain and update this site, and IS really giving something to the Dance and music community, by sharing a lot of useful information, and helping to facilitate others doing the same. It's a terrific and helpful site and I really appreciate it.

Sorry I experienced a moment of pointless pedantry about spelling.

One thing that has occurred to me reading this thread is that we can get too spoiled by resources like this - there is so much cool free stuff on the 'net that people think it should all be free - and software piracy can easily become more prevalent due to warez, distribution of cracks etc.

Can you blame me for being sore at thieves? - in the last few months I've had my car stolen three times and my place broken into, with cash and some of my gear stolen.

I admit I'm not lilly-white - I have taped stuff off the radio and copied CDs I've bought to listen to on my walkman. If I've liked a single that I've taped off the radio however, then I've often listened to and purchased that artist's album, so in this sense, radio is like advertising. (I never listen to it anymore anyway it's sooooo boring). I really don't think this is as bad as illegal software distribution, but that's just my opinion.

Kilo your point about the fact that music biz profits go to the companies and their shareholders rather than the artists is well taken, and I'm optimistic that future technologies will make it possible to cut out more of the "middle man" in distribution and benefit the artists more, as well as protecting their rights.

Also the point about magazine reviews is well taken - and true of the magazines in many many different fields. They can contain some useful information, but often they are really expensive advertising catalogues. The fact that you aren't sponsored by the manufacturers lends more credibility to your site (and the fact that there can be feedback from experienced owners).

I can relate to the point about software users really being "beta testers" - it took me about six months and many (unanswered) emails and phone calls to Steinberg tech support, before they finally admitted that version 3.05 wasn't properly bug tested and gave me 3.04 to use instead until VST PC comes out!!

To Avene:
1. Ever been robbed? I thought not.
2. I bought Rebirth over the net and so saved a lot off the local price.
3. I did this even though I have a full duplex card and could have done the "recording off the demo" approach, but this is a lot less convenient.
4. Steinberg and the Heads are imitating not stealing. They (and many others) wouldn't be if Roland really knew how to capitalise on the demand for their old sounds.
5. I don't call participating in a lively debate, and encouraging people not to steal, giving "giving Aussies a bad name".

To Peezhaj - I'm assuming you're American (I'm not aware of AOL's penetration into other markets) I'm bloody glad I'm an Aussie. I won't get into why, don't wanna start a nationalist thread.

To Hillevelt - I'll try better next time I swear to do it without sounding like an asshole. I didn't grow up in some Ghetto in New York or South Central LA or somewhere - that's probably why I can't swear cool hey? Damn, does it mean I can't dance too?

Message 34/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5 - to Demon

rodneyh

Demon,

Did you read my post? I said I could easily have obtained a cracked Rebirth if I wanted. A friend who works in my local music store offered to make me a copy of the cracked version, but I said no thanks. I bought it via the 'net so it didn't cost a lot, and to me a few hundred dollars ain't much anyway.

And as far as me being Mr Noname, do you really think I have so little to do that I'd make a post and them flame myself under a different name just to get a discussion going? ROTFLMGO !!!! (Roll on the Floor Laughing My Guts Out)

Message 35/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Ok Mr Noname we heard you!

Message 36/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Mr Noname says:

no matter how wrong something is... you should still be able to do it.....

I take it that includes rape, torture, blowing people's brains out, corruption, lies, oppression, racism, sexism, bigotry, etc etc?

Message 37/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

DeMoN

Hmm Seems a bit strange that straight after I posted, you posted and then Mr NONAME posted the stupid bombs and then he stoped.......you (Rodney) posts again and then ohh look Mr NONAME is back like straight away posting fuckloads of shit. I have been watching it happen, as it happens and you are top suspect son!!!!!! its obviously you, you toatal penis!.

Message 38/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

how do you get around the fact that rebirth asks for the cd when you start up?

Message 39/75             28-Oct-97  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

oh my god........ how increadibly sad........ now then..... firstly...... Rodney.... thanks for the useful comments.....we do agree it seems in fact.... I dunno what all the fuss is about..... I've been plugging this blasted steinberg s/w for 6 months now........ Mr No-name..... I dunno what to say to you...... Rodney.... have you thought about insurance ??.........spammer..... very clever that one....reposting lots of times.....great......

but.....the plot thickens...... is a person here at this thread a steinberg team member...????

Here's a post I recieved this morning from steinberg threatening ltitigation...... notice the phrasing "...You DO promote & offer etc etc ...."

which suggests that the mail is a reply to a previous conversation....... It's apparently all about this rebirth 909 patch.....

I assumed as I was told, it simply replaced audio drum sounds......... apparently it's an illegally written version........here's the post.......

Sirs,

on your website you do promote and offer for download an illegally
altered version of our copyrighted programm ReBirth RB-338, featuring
an altered drumset with 909 samples.

This is perfectly illegal.

Please remove this downloadable binary and all related links
and comments as soon as possible. Should this violation of
our copyrights continue for an extendend period of time, we
will pass this to our lawyers.

Regards,

Steinberg Soft- & Hardware GmbH

on behalf of

Propellerhead Software

So........ it appears either steinberg are reading this site, or have been told this programme is illegal and downloadable here....by I wonder who ????......

so....... there you have it........ I remove file....... you are warned by Steinberg that they consider your comments illegal...and if you continue to talk about their programme in this way, we or you will be sued !!!.... :-)...... etc etc........seems a shame they should choose to surface at this site in such a negative way........

there you have it !.......

Message 40/75             28-Oct-97  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

matt_riddell

The stupid fuckers!

I wouldn't be using rebirth if it didn't have the 909 patch!

Message 41/75             28-Oct-97  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

Right just to let you know...... I just erased 120 posts bombed by someone....mr "I'll talk to steinberg" - I'm gonna get you closed down..... I think......

anyhow, just so he doesnt accuse me of censorship, whilst erasing the bombs, I accidently erased his final comment .... something along the lines of

"Ha Ha... fuck you..... I got you in trouble with steinberg... bet you wish you'd not fucked with me now etc.... etc etc...you are......lots of verbal slagging".....etc

anyway...... He obviously feels well triumphant about it.....seems a bit sad to me, but I'm sure when he's sitting down tonight at home, he can feel well proud about his achievement, which obviously means alot to him...............so......... we had a "patch" posted here, which it turns out was in fact a rewritten illegal Rebirth version....... despite the fact it apparently wont work without the offical rebirth CDrom in place.....

So...... lots of gloating for our caped anonymous crusader of the software world.......and what-not.....lets get back to business......

anyone got any interesting stuff besides recriminations, bombing, & " I'll get you for such & such" type things.......etc etc........

Message 42/75             28-Oct-97  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

mbiel

Funny, at the propellerheads message board there is all
kinds of info about patches/links for 909 etc. Maybe
it was more than just the fact that you posted a patch?

Message 43/75             28-Oct-97  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Avene

1)"Ever been robbed, thought not"....What the hell is this supposed to mean? For your information Rodney I take all precautions to make sure I don't get robbed. For a start a drive an old car that thieves wouldn't bother stealing and at the same time I always use a Club lock on my steering wheel as a deterent... But, let me tell you I've had a lot worse things happen to me than being robbed..

2) So you bought your software over the net, hope you used a secure method of doing so, you wouldn't want anyone getting your credit card number would you? It could end up on a warez site somewhere...

3) Recording from one soundcard to another is very easy... you just have Cool Edit (mine is registered) or a similar program open in one window for recording and Rebirth or whatever sound synth program you're using, open in another. Hit record in Cool Edit, hit play in Rebirth, and you're done. You can then load the loop into a program like Making Waves which has a much better arrange section than Rebirth.

4) If Steinberg and the Heads (as you call them) were only imitating then they would have released something like Rubberduck, Vaz or Hammerhead. The thing is, they weren't imitating...they stole Roland's sounds, design and interface.

5) "you fat FUCKHEADS", & "I hope you all live miserable lives and die in agony"...come on Rodney, I mean seriously, none of my friends would ever say anything like this.. How could you ever wish something like this upon someone for just downloading a cracked version of a program? A program many of them probably wouldn't be able to afford, especially if they're students.

Kilo, keep up the good work.

Message 44/75             28-Oct-97  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Kilo

but......... If steinberg/prop-heads are reading this....... the 909 patch is obviously well rated.... so why not be cool, and release a patch yourselves....... If the author (whoever it is) wasnt shit scared of being sued, I'm sure he'd/she'd give you the file as a development.....although I'm sure you can do it yourselves.......... Programmes like SAW actually hand out templates to epole to develop s/w patches and accessories which if cool, IQS (SAW) will market..... same with Cakewalk....... seems a shame...

now........ any comments about rebirth new version ??......

Message 45/75             28-Oct-97  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

la la la la la la la i thinx all that need to be said about his ol thang

Message 46/75             28-Oct-97  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Avene

Hmmmm, I must have missed that post while I was writing mine... Does this mean that they're gonna sue Holger?, because wasn't it him who put that patch together? Besides wasn't the patch only 1mb or something similar, while Rebirth is 2.4mb?, so how could it be the full program?

Oh, and also, incase you didn't pick it that last past was for Rodney, the man of the moment!

Message 47/75             28-Oct-97  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

by the way... its not hard to bomb this page with a fast connection... maybe you should limit the number of times one can click on "submit message"(hint, hint)

Message 48/75             28-Oct-97  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

change the subject, I'm getting bored...... no it wasn't holger,...... he just posted something a while back saying he'd seen it & the location......

christ......we'll probably be having Yamaha sueing us for talking about the new MC-505 next !!

Message 49/75             28-Oct-97  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Matt

Okay I know I'm going to get shit for this but could someone either write a 909 patch for 1.5 or give me the offset. Um.....if someone can do this could you post a yes or no on this site with your email (your'e not going to get in trouble for it) and then I will contact you via email and think about making a patch

Message 50/75             28-Oct-97  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Don't you mean Roland? unless Yamaha are doing an MC505 also....

Message 51/75             28-Oct-97  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Spot

Hmm, offically, dont the samples used in rebirth belong to roland anyway ?, who`s nicking who`s shit ?

Message 52/75             28-Oct-97  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Sedusa66

This is a terrible thing. Please, let us not disrupt the harmony of one of the greatest little chunks of data floating around in the no-space of the internet..

Anyway, I thought the PCF sounded like shit, but I haven't screwed with it very much.. I was expecting greater things of 1.5 (the midi implementation may make up for this, but I don't know yet)... And I've had 1.5 crash my machine, something which 1.0 never did, except when I tried to use those wack DirectX drivers.. We'll see if 1.5 actually is superior, or if I should really just stick with 1.0.

Message 53/75             28-Oct-97  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

er........sorry Roland MC-505...... bloody hell, I'm getting brain ache from all this ...... so there are 909 patch posts at the propellorheads site are there.... hang on I'll have alook.......

back again.....wow 7 posts...... busy board huh ?......... and so well designed and laid-out.....

Message 54/75             28-Oct-97  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

mbiel

I in no way want to stand up for propellerheads but there board did just crash. Prior to that there were a number of posts. There are two programs out now that let you use your own samples. One is called PCP and the other is something like Reinforcer. I'm at work now (tough workin for the government when they give us internet access) and I have the links at home. If anyone is remotely interested I'll dig em up and post them.

Message 55/75             29-Oct-97  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Peezahj

Shouts out to all who help make this a great room to post.....no disrespect to Aussies, Avene......

I'm sure many would love to see these progs, but please post a new topic so this string can die and never be heard from again.

Man, oldest, most boring topic on the 'net (piracy). It's never gonna get solved, powers much greater than anyone here have tried, you might as well be arguing religion. It's not even FUN!

Hilevelt

Message 56/75             29-Oct-97  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Avene

Hilevelt, to be honest, I don't really care if you do slag off Aussies...Most Australians are a bunch of racist pricks who only listen to rock n roll and have no respect for any other form of music. Rodney may even agree with me here....

Message 57/75             29-Oct-97  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Avene,

I don't know about most of us being racist pricks, but we do have that element, more than some countries and less than others. (just look at the support that loser Pauline you know who has won from narrow minded idiots). A lot of people in Sydney are pretentious and shallow.

Yes a lot of them are very ignorant in their musical tastes and only listen to rock genres, which are deader than dead.

Kilo I have insurance in fact I work in that industry.

Message 58/75             29-Oct-97  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5 - Steinberg's Negative Attitude

rodneyh

I can undestand Steinberg getting upset at a patched version of their complete copyrighted program being posted to a net site, with parts of the executable changed.

But it shouldn't be illegal to post an "updater" program that changes the way Rebirth works (as long as it doesn't break the copy protection which is meant to help secure their copyright).

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know the full legality on this, but to me it's like a car manufacturer saying that it's illegal for owners to enhance their car with their own modifications.

Anyone armed with enough knowledge, and programming and debugging tools, and their own legit copy of Rebirth (or anything else) could in theory develop their own patch to the program and should be able to distribute it. After all, 3rd parties can distribute their own versions of DLLs that are part of windows for example, in effect modifying this software in a similar way.

I think Steinberg are being Nazis on this one. I mean this whole area must be pretty grey - where do they get their advice from?

Demon I guarantee that I am not NoName.

I also guarantee that I'm not the one who mailed Steinberg, despite what I have said about piracy. My comments at the top of this post should make that clear.

I'm sorry if I've disrupted people's Karma on this whole thread but at least it's been lively.

Does anyone want me to say something controversial and offensive about another topic so that we can get another thread started?

Rod.

Message 59/75             29-Oct-97  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kid303

Rebirth is a dead duck anyway.The 303 sound just bores
the pants off me now.Dance tracks with a 303 just don't
sound fresh anymore.Do yourself a favour and don't
bother with it.I called Steinberg a bunch of nazis a
while ago,guess i was wrong ,right??.........

Message 60/75             29-Oct-97  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

kid303 - you're a kid ahead of your time, but if you hate the squeal, why base your nick on it man?

It must be pretty embarassing when they drop some acid at a club and your pants fall down 'cos it so boring. The club chicks must love it, not to mention the gays.

Message 61/75             29-Oct-97  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Avene

Yeah, Rodney, I was actually talking about the mindless yobbos who listen to MMM, slag off any electronic music whilst not realising that Midnight Oil now record all their stuff on a Mac, and generally disrespecting anyone from a different musical or ethnic background. As for Pauline, well I haven't heard her name mentioned for a while, but I've read into what they're about, and some of it makes sense...Err, but don't answer that..

I wish this damn underline would go away... That NoNAME needs a good kick in the head !!! S/He's giving the nazi party a bad name..oh no, we shouldn't mention nazi's now, should we? Kid 303's good friend may return.

As for rebirth, I don't know, were they trying a Daft Punk sort of sound with that PCF or what? If they were really serious about upgrading it, you think they'd add an MC202 or something. Personally I'd like to see a sampler added, and if they wanted to keep it as analogue as possible they could make it a Mellotron.

Message 62/75             29-Oct-97  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Listen to all of you, You sound like a bunch of five year old's. Look, I've Paid for Re-birth coz that's the type of guy I am, I have friends with the cracked versions and I don't give them shit about it, choose your path, choose life, choose a Ho, but for fuck sake choose to get along with each other, because I know where you live.

or something ?!?!?!

Message 63/75             29-Oct-97  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

...rodney why waste your time...

......don't waste your time and go make some music...you idiot...you should work as a politician or something...no this is not the usual mr. no name...

Message 64/75             30-Oct-97  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

rodneyh

Mr not usual NoName.

I agree this is a bit of a time waste but I felt like a diversion from the beat construction.

I wouldn't wanna be a polly it's all about lies, power and hypocrisy.

You wouldn't call me an idiot if you knew me.

Let's end this now. We're all friends and love to dance.

Peace

Rod.

Message 65/75             30-Oct-97  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Hilevelt

gee, look at him now. A couple of days ago he wanted to throttle members of this string, and now he's Rodney King.

Everybody oughtta slag this guy for causing misery to Kilo over the little 339 (a nice program by an apparently nice guy for a worthless prog). Go away, please.

Message 66/75             30-Oct-97  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

I LOVE YOU MAN

Message 67/75             30-Oct-97  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Hilevelt, you're a funny guy, you should try doing a bit of standup when you're not making music, if that's what you do ?

Message 68/75             30-Oct-97  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

RODNEY KING

Hile... whattever the fuck his nickname is...he just sits around on his bum and strokes himself all day....

Message 69/75             31-Oct-97  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

i don't think so...but i guess you can never be too sure :o)

Message 70/75             31-Oct-97  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

patrick

what the fuck ever.

Message 71/75             01-Nov-97  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

errrr... how did you know??

Message 72/75             03-Nov-97  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

kilo

well, whatever the upshot of this, I think it's fair to say that steinberg , I feel,...and this is just an opinion..... had an oppertunity there to show some roots, or to be a corporate.....:-)

it's how steinberg are going to be percieved that is the issue....... already they have a disproportionate share of criticism from users in the marketplace, I dont really know of another music software company that creates so much negativity from user musicians...... In an instance like this, they could have said it was cool and checked out and offered to distribute the patch themselves.... it's what people want dammit !!!.... and the old saying goes....the customer is always right !!.... but then i'm an old fashioned boy :-).... heh heh......

Message 73/75             21-Nov-97  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

popachtungzoo

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD
-REBIRTH(FULL VERSION) for mac
WITH mc202 and tr909 plugins
and
-CUBASE VST(FULL VERSION)for MAC
OR hacks TO COPY THE CDs

IF U KNOW
PLZ EMAIL ME

I JUST WANT TO TRY ALL THE FEATURES
IM NOT A PIRATE
I JUST DONT WANT TO SPEND $120 or $600 for something i have not been able to fully EVALUATE!!!

Message 74/75             22-Nov-97  @  06:41 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

Hilevelt

There's an MC-202 plug-in!?!

Message 75/75             07-Dec-97  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 1.5

SoMeBodY

glad to see the subject turning back to the software.
:-)

Viewing all 75 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 75 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)