aaa Reality Banks - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Reality Banks

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             20-Oct-97  @  01:39 PM   -   Reality Banks

Dreed

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Sorry to be a musical Lamer, but what are these Reality Banks..How do you use them, and with what equipment....Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             20-Oct-97  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Avene

Link?:  Link

They're just the sound banks that Seer Systems Reality software synth/sampler uses and can contain up to 1330 programs which can each contain up to 4 layers each holding up to either 128 or 96 samples.

Message 3/12             20-Oct-97  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Dreed

software synth/sampler ....software??, wheres it located avene ? i gotta try it

Message 4/12             21-Oct-97  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

www.seersystems.com

Message 5/12             22-Nov-97  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Hilevelt

Alright, Avene, I finally took the plunge and got the damn thing, so when you gonna get up the new site? I'm running it off a stupid SB16 card, but haven't had time to set it up yet, so we'll see if I run in to trouble. I noticed that the cd player's hooked up to the sound card, is that just for monitoring, or does the sound go through it when I'm recording audio direct from my cd-rom drive? I'd like to believe that I'm going direct to digital, not passing through the noisy card.

Kilo, you've got all these great articles for beginning musicians, how 'bout for novice computer guys. That would take care of half of my stupid questions on this site.

Message 6/12             23-Nov-97  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Avene

Yeah, soon. I just applied for one of those free live chat rooms. What sort of sounds do you think I should include in the banks?

I think the connection is analog. Actually, I think the whole Creative mixer thingy is analog, well at least all the connected devices are.

Message 7/12             23-Nov-97  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Hilevelt

There aren't enough jungle discs out, and I've got more than enough hip-hop. Hell, you're Australian, how 'bout like 4 hours worth of didjeridoo (I can't even spell the fuckin' thing)

Message 8/12             24-Nov-97  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Reality Banks

kilo

I never tried the seer systems.... or I think I did, but it showed an error when I tried to run it, I cant remember....... but usually, all these soft synths stream direct to audio along the bus either saved to hard drive, or output to the card......

Message 9/12             24-Nov-97  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Hilevelt

What I mean, Kilo, is that I'm taking samples off discs directly from my cd-rom drive. Does that mean I'm getting straight digital, or is the signal getting taken through the sound card, mixed there, and then into my sample editor?

Message 10/12             25-Nov-97  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Avene

I've got a digeredoo (is that how you spell it??) here in my studio that a friend from New York left here. It's actually a big long toilet roll, but it does the job. I couldn't be bothered trying it, the turntable is my instrument, and I don't feel like learning anything else.. If I ever record a dig' player I'll sample some of it.

I'll try and get some banks up within the next month, but hip hop and jungle sounds are pretty much the same anyway, its just the tempos and programming that differ. But, like the sounds, Rhodes, acoustic bass, chopped beats, etc, etc, all the same.

Message 11/12             25-Nov-97  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

freestyle

I've got a few posts to answer, so here goes :

Hilevelt,
If you're after drum'n'bass / jungle breaks, try http://remote.ticfin.com. There's more than enough there to keep you happy.

Hilevelt (again),
If you're using a program like CD Worx or CDDA to 'rip' the audio, then yo're getting it pure from the CD - no D/A-A/D conversion involved. However, if you're just pressing play + then record in your favourite editor, it's going to go through the conversion process. You can get both CD Worx and CDDA on the 'net as they're both shareware. There's only one caveat to this - some CD players can output digital audio, and some soundcards have internal digital ins. However, the chances of you having one of them is slim.

kilo,
If you want me to write a couple of articles for computer novices, I'd be glad to (it's my area of expertise). Just leave a message in this thread and I'll get back to you.

later...

Message 12/12             25-Nov-97  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Hilevelt

Thanks a lot, Freestyle, I'll give those programs a shot. A computer novice section would be great, too.

Avene, I was kidding about the didj! I hear what you mean about jungle and hip-hop, but I'm always after real squirrelly, kinda tweaky sounding stuff, or aggressive hits and basses. ie more hard-steppin' kinda sounds as opposed to the mellower drum 'n bass stuff that uses Rhodes, uprights, and the lot like hip-hop

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)