aaa Pinnacle - I need som help folks, c'mon then! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Pinnacle - I need som help folks, c'mon then!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             28-Oct-97  @  11:49 AM   -   Pinnacle - I need som help folks, c'mon then!

giraff

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I recently bought a second-hand Pinnacle card (it blows away my old soundblaster card). However I have a problem: when I connect my cd-player to the card, it works fine when I send it through the AUX-input, but I won't work through the LINE-input, which is required to record soun (the aux is playback only). The pinnacle mixer is correctly set (as both AUX and LINE use the same controls).

Help GREATLY appreciated. J.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Oct-97  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Pinnacle - I need som help folks, c'mon then!

kilo

remove the incoming jack plug if you want to get an audio in from the line in socket pins.... this totally shagged me too some months ago, and I spent hours going nutz cos there was no sound....... just remove the plug from the IN socket.... should do it !

Message 3/4             29-Oct-97  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Pinnacle - I need som help folks, c'mon then!

rodneyh

Kilo - could you make this any less clear please - remove the plug from the input socket so that you can hear the input and record it????

Are you saying to remove the mic input to be able to record the line input?

Message 4/4             30-Oct-97  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: Pinnacle - I need som help folks, c'mon then!

giraff

I sorted it out. Looks like I'm bigger pinhead than thought. Anyways, tnx for yer help, it got me on the right track, and now those fine tunes are soaring into my computer 8)

BTW, how do you record in mono from a stereo 16-bit (44,1 khz) source using f.instance Voyetras? Wave II (something) - ann app. that comes with pinnacle ? Are there any other apps (share/freeware) that are better suited for recording from external sound sources? And finally, do Turtle BEach have REAL windows 95 upgrades to the pinnacle/TB apps? Phew!

ANy kinda help appreciated,tnx. J.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)