aaa Maxi Sounnd 64 Home studio, Any Good ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Maxi Sounnd 64 Home studio, Any Good ?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             30-Oct-97  @  12:44 PM   -   Maxi Sounnd 64 Home studio, Any Good ?

Chris Thomas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm sorry to seem impatient but I think everyone was to busy reading/bitching on the rebirth thread to notice the "Which Soundcard" post, or maybe I'm just a boring git and nobody can be arsed to reply, the possibilities are endless.

What I was looking for was some feedback from anyone who has any reports about this card. All I can find on the net is the review on the sound sol site, and they are bound to say it's cool cos they want to flog it.
From the spec on the guillemot.com site, it does all the same things as an EWS64 but not quite as well, 18bit converters and that kind of stuff.
Its main advantage IMO is that it only costs 240quid, which would leave me a few pennies for a 'real' mixer instead of F***** around in software.

Any advive would be greatly appreciated
Chris.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             30-Oct-97  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: Maxi Sounnd 64 Home studio, Any Good ?

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!
Iīm the lucky owner of the Guillemot Maxi-Sound 64
Home-Studio PnP. Itīs really a good card but not as much
equiped as the EWS64. This card has the same Midi-Sound-
Chip as EWS64, but no second Midi-Port via frontpanel
option (you know, EWS64 supports a frontpanel-connector
for 2.Midi and Audio-In/Out).
Maxi-Sound card supports 8 separate audio-driver out- and 2 separate audio-in channels. There are 2
separate plug-connectors (stereo) for audio in and out.
The software, included with this card, is quite complete.
Youīll get a bank-downloader and a sample-synthesizer for
the cards sample-ram (As Terratec customer, you still
wait for these programms). Included as well is Cakewalk
Apprentice (light version), Canamīs Quartz Audio and
Midi Sequencer (good programm) and Maxi-Sound FX, a
software to control the various effect-settings of
this card (line-in and out and Midi-effects). Effects
are: EQ, different reverb and chorus/flanger settings,
booster and space-locator (very interesting, can control
your postiton in the virtual studio-room, including
four(!) virtual speakers, you can link to both (!) audio-
out ports).
I can highly recommend this card. Its really easy to
install and sounds great and its a real low-cost/best
quality product.

Ciao, Clemens from Germany

Message 3/4             31-Oct-97  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: Maxi Sounnd 64 Home studio, Any Good ?

kilo

absolutely...... and this is one card that is sorely missing from the files here....... the synth is identical to the ews synth.... and we have seen a posting from a happy ews owner, who suggested that he considered the synth to be as good as a K-2000 !....... I will try to get this card posted up, then perhaps we can garner some passing comments....... also missing is the Korg 12/12-IO, which was bypassed when I did most of the crd section, cos at the time, korg weren't addressing windows, only Mac's........ however now that the card & mixer are being knocked out for 1500 the pair, it's a pretty damn good solution for an 8 output totally digital system..... even has a couple of FX units in the mixer, and full automation....... I have one album mastered on Soundlink, and the quality is fucking awesome believe me.......

Message 4/4             31-Oct-97  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Maxi Sounnd 64 Home studio, Any Good ?

Chris Thomas

Right then, thats two good reports and no major problems, so I'm gonna give it a go. I'll let you know how I get on in a week or so.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)