aaa Noise oh noise....... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Noise oh noise.......

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             03-Nov-97  @  01:24 PM   -   Noise oh noise.......

Brenballs

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Lads and Lassies,

I am having terrible trouble with noise in my little setup, and I need some serious advice on how to eliminate or reduce it considerably. I have tested the desk individually and it does not seem to be the problem. I will let you know what I'm using: A P.C. ..Tascam M3700 desk, Emu Orbit, ESI-4000 sampler, XP-50, Behringer Dualfex, Digitech Studioquad (This actually contributes a good bit of noise, I think!), Samson 170 Amp.....Alesis monitor 1's.
The plug sockets are within 2 feet of the equipment, could that be a factor??? I would have thought I could at least record something with a satisfactory noise level with the above equipment, but it just seems a little too noisy for everything to be working as it should. I am quite worried about the studio-quad, anyone else ever had a problem with the noise level on that??

Any help would be appreciated.......

Thankin' you,

Brenballs.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             03-Nov-97  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Noise oh noise.......

Have you tried wrapping everything in foil? ..No, seriously, I've always found FX units to be noisy, especially if it's set to a modulation type effect. Make sure the levels going of the sends going to the fx are as loud as possible without going into the reds and this will allow you to reduce the output levels of the actual units, thus reducing the noise.

Plug pack power units can cause problems also...If it's a mains hum, try disconnecting each power supply unit until you find the one that's causing problems, you could then perhaps plug it in somewhere else.

Message 3/7             03-Nov-97  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Noise oh noise.......

Have you tried wrapping everything in foil? ..No, seriously, I've always found FX units to be noisy, especially if it's set to a modulation type effect. Make sure the levels going of the sends going to the fx are as loud as possible without going into the reds and this will allow you to reduce the output levels of the actual units, thus reducing the noise.

Plug pack power units can cause problems also...If it's a mains hum, try disconnecting each power supply unit until you find the one that's causing problems, you could then perhaps plug it in somewhere else.

Message 4/7             03-Nov-97  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Noise oh noise.......

kilo

are you trying to run un-balanced lines into balanced sockets on the mixer...... are the line sockets on the tascam balanced ??......

Message 5/7             03-Nov-97  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Noise oh noise.......

quiq

or you could smash it with a hammer?

Message 6/7             04-Nov-97  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: Noise oh noise.......

David

Sometimes there's a ground problem. Take a wire with allagator plugs and clip it to the chassis of one piece of gear and then touch everything else's chassis and sometimes you can find a problem. Also, what kind of wires are you using? Try replacing wires one at a time to find the flaky one. Also, DOD is noisey crap in most cases and Samson isn't really great stuff either. May think of replacing those components when you can.
good luck

Message 7/7             29-Nov-97  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Noise oh noise.......

dirks

A friend with a studio quad found it a bit noisy.....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)