aaa HELP! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: HELP!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             09-Nov-97  @  03:52 PM   -   HELP!

DJ Phallus the anal one

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Okay, I just can't decide what to buy... I wan't to make jungle and hip hop and chemical...
I will give you my budget so you can help me figuer out what to buy.
I've got 50,000 Belgian francs, but will buy a bass amp (250 watt) for 15,000 , leaving me with 35,000. Assuming one US Dollar is about 34 BF, I've got little more than 1000 to spend. (If I can sell my old bass-I've got two now- and amp and synth bass processor, this may become 1,500$.)
I need a sampler and a seq, and a synth might be nice too. I've got a computer, a 200mmx. It may be a sollution using it as the sequencer, but only a temporary one, because I want to make music in my room, and my dad won't let me put it there. I would like an ews-64 and a small computer, I think I can fit that in the budget, but what processor do I need at minimum? An SU-700 would be nice too, will that be possible? What about a second hand MPC?
Thanks a lot!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             09-Nov-97  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: HELP!

Purple Haze

Hmmm... with that budget what I would do is forget about the bass amp, buy a cheap 2nd hand P90 (should be about 15000-20000 Bfr I guess) and an EWS64 or another sound card with good a/d converters and a decent usable synth (CS1X and juno's come to mind, if you're from the dutch speaking part of belgium, check the 'koopjeskrant', I've seen 2nd hand CS1X for 13000 Bfr and a juno 106 for 12000 Bfr recently).
But then I'm just a beginner too, so I don't know if I'm giving you any good advice, and might tell you something different if you ask a year from now  
A friend of mine did a couple of techno records only with an AWE32 fitted with 8megs, so you don't need any big gear (it just makes it easier to let your creative juices flow imho).
When you go looking for a sampler, try finding a 2nd hand ESI-32, I've got one and very pleased with it (apart from the fact It's in repair know because there was something wrong with it's scsi).
If you live in near 'St-Niklaas' in Belgium, check out 'key music', I've been to most music gear stores in flanders, and they're the cheapest and most helpfull I know (not affiliated with them, only as happy costumer).

PH.

Message 3/3             10-Nov-97  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: HELP!

DJ Phallus the anal one

Bedankt voor de hulp. Ik woon in Lot, bij Halle. De EWS
heeft een ingebouwde synth, dus daarmee spaar ik +-12000.
De bassversterker is slechts 15000, dus dat zal wel gaan,
zeker... De ews kost ongeveer 20 000, dus 20 000 (ews)+
15 000 (versterker) + 15 000 (p90) is net genoeg! En als
ik enkele oude spulletjes verkoop, kom ik er wel... Ik
ben slechts 17, dus ik heb nog niet zoveel geld...
Misschien kan ik met mijn sinterklaas en verjaardag erbij
toch nog die synth kopen. Daarbij, software synths zijn
niet zo slecht, ik kan die gebruiken.
Alléz, salukes...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)