aaa SYX files for JV1080 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SYX files for JV1080

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             13-Nov-97  @  02:03 PM   -   SYX files for JV1080

james-munro

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just downloaded some .syx files of the internet, which I assume I can use on the JV1080, the site was in French so I couldnt really understand what the purpose of these files were.

Are they just patches ? More importantly how do I get them onto the JV1080 ? All I've got is a crappy QX5FD and this doesnt take diskettes formatted on a PC. If I could get the info on that I could do a midi dump onto the JV.

AM I talking bollocks or can someone help me out.

Cheers Guys

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             16-Nov-97  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: SYX files for JV1080

Brenballs

If you download them in .sys format...just get your sequencing software and there should be a sys-ex window. There will be an option to load up .sys files from disk. Load one up, and select the right port that your jv1080 is on. Then select SEND, and your JV1080 will recieve the sys-ex once it is a patch bank and you are in patch mode.
You dont need to set the JV1080 to recieve, if you send to the right port from your PC it will recieve the bank and your new sounds will be in your user patch section. Alternatively you could download SuperJV or ChangeIT and you can send banks from this software as well as alter them completely real-time on your PC.

Message 3/4             16-Nov-97  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: SYX files for JV1080

Brenballs

I MEANT to say .SYX above...not .SYS

Message 4/4             24-Nov-97  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: SYX files for JV1080

bassline

You could also use a program called freeloader, available from the Alesis Web site, I've used it on the JV1080 as well as other synths.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)