aaa Headphones (advice, comments ...) - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Headphones (advice, comments ...)

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-Nov-97  @  04:36 PM   -   Headphones (advice, comments ...)

djc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Good afternoon one and all,

in order to maintain a pleasent relationship with my next door neighbours, I am
considering getting some decent (£££) headphones for general use in my home studio.

I'll still retain the amp/speaker setup for final mixdown and stuff, but would appreciate
some advice over what sort of headphones are good for this sort of thing.

Sorry to pollute the chat room with a musical type question, I promise next time to be
more childish.

Dave

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             17-Nov-97  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Headphones (advice, comments ...)

Spud

I own a pair of AKG 400's and LOVE them. They sound fantastic, but are not incredibly loud, which makes them unsuitable for drummers (while they're tracking, that is).

Message 3/5             18-Nov-97  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Headphones (advice, comments ...)

David

I've got Sony MDR V600's and they're great (the V-6's are cool too). Also, alot of people swear by the AKG's (K240M).

Message 4/5             20-Nov-97  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: Headphones (advice, comments ...)

nbenford

AKG K240's all the way! Not too loud, you have to pump them up. Generally flat freq. response by being semi open-cup. Excellent cans!

Message 5/5             20-Nov-97  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Headphones (advice, comments ...)

kilo

agreed, AKG do make excellent cans...... Beyer are good too...... alot of airlines & the BBC use AKG & Beyer headsets

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)