aaa Cake-stumble 8( - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cake-stumble 8(

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             23-Nov-97  @  10:51 PM   -   Cake-stumble 8(

giraff

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

'Aight, I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to Cakewalk (5.0), but maybe you guyz would be so kind as to enlighten me on the following:
I have a sample (a loop) that runs well in f.instance surgeon, however when I try to paste it into cakewalk audio part I can't seem to make it loop smoothly... What I do is to paste the loop again and again but I can't manage to paste the loops seemlessly...ya know wada mean? It's driving me insane. please help. please. tnx.
J.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             24-Nov-97  @  08:28 AM   -   RE: Cake-stumble 8(

jrold

are you changing your BPM (Tempo in cakewalk) ? One way to do it is if your loop is a measure long, paste your loop every measure , then view the audio waveforms, as your viewing them adjust the tempo so there is no space inbetween the samples from measure to measure. In cakewalk you can adjust the tempo using decimal points to get a truly seamless loop.

Message 3/4             24-Nov-97  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Cake-stumble 8(

kilo

yup....... that's how you do it in all the H/d programmes..... there is a loop glitch when in cycle mode with cake-5.... if you set-up a 1,2 or whatever loops cycling between bar 1 and bar 3 or whatever, when it goes back to zero, you get a glitch........ i tried this fior ages with the distributors, but they said... "It doesnt do this"..... but in the help files it says it does, but doesnt tell you how to fix it.... sometimes It loops and sometimes not..... the settings that effect it, are inside the Advanced audio settings,........ try adjusting the polyphony, and then the buffers etc...... but make a note of the original settings......adjust the DMA seeting (bytes......)...... try going up from the set figuer...... if it gets worse, try going less.... etc..... experiment, but the Cycle glitch may possibly be NOT rectifiable...... which is a shame.......

Message 4/4             24-Nov-97  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Cake-stumble 8(

giraff

Tnx. I'll try to follow yer instuctions guyz 8) j.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)