aaa Sample/Instrument editors for DREAM synth - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Sample/Instrument editors for DREAM synth

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             24-Nov-97  @  12:44 PM   -   Sample/Instrument editors for DREAM synth

Chris.thomas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

At the weekend, I bough a Maxisound Home Studio Pro 64.
I'm really impresed with the quality of the card generally, it performed the closest
thing to a perfect PnP install I've ever seen.
I still however have some problems, the first and least important to me is that Cake Audio 6 won't record in stereo and play back at the same time, this dosen't really bother me cos I only use that setup for recording live gutar bit's anyway, and mono works fine but never the less this card did cost 230quid, and the 12quid card it has replaced would do 'full duplex' while scratching it's arse and making the Tea.

The second and most important problem is that the bundled instrument editor is a total bag of shite, surely it wouldn't have been to much trouble to put some 'mouse editable' controls instead of/as well as the box to type the numbers in.
So, getting to the point at last, anyone know if it's possible to use any other software for this purpose.

If anyone has any advice on either of these problems I would really appreciate it, cos I love the card but the software really winds me up, I'm sure somthing else must work cos it's a fairly standard synth chip, but if anyone knows different, you could save me from a whole world pain and waiting for my system to reboot etc.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

P.S KILO, If you want, I could write a bit of a review type thang if you think it would be benificial to the site. You could of course edit it before posting it up, and I promise I'll use a spell checker.Just a thought !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             28-Nov-97  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Sample/Instrument editors for DREAM synth

freestyle

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Chris,
There's an instrument editor available for the Hoontech Soundtrack 97 (DREAM-based card) available. Whether it reads/writes .94b files I couldn't tell you ('cause I don't have a DREAM-based soundcard). BTW, if anyone knows of a web-page for DREAM, I'd love to know.

later...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)