aaa kit list spectrum - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: kit list spectrum

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             27-Nov-97  @  06:34 AM   -   kit list spectrum

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

here you can express yourself on your studio setup ! put down your kit list + the logic in the setup...........Ð...and please no mr nonames scrolling in fantasy lands...Ð.. this threads objective is to get to know one-another a little bit better ...(/)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             27-Nov-97  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Spot

Link?:  Link

PC...Cs1x..zoom studio 1210....mc303....tascam106 mixer....yamaha 4 track recorder...phillips dcc...yamaha moniters..eminence 300 sub....yes a cheap setup that may be sneard at by purists, but it works for me and the results...well, i`m happy with em

Message 3/13             27-Nov-97  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Ufo

Pretty uncomplete setup: Pc, awe32, TeeBee, Fostex 2016 line mixer, Alesis QV+ and Sony HR-MP5. Fx is used with awe32, using pan as fx-amount (mono out).

Message 4/13             27-Nov-97  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

nimanda

Pc166mmx, mpc2000 (I'm jamming), Xpole ( good midi), Roland SH-09, jv1080+2exp, nord rack (ads that Scandinavian sound) , bassstation keyboard, alesis Quadrasynth, peavy unity 2000/16 mixer (for sale), dbx 266 & alesis nano compressors, boss VT-1 & SE50, Tascam DA20/ads resampling to my mpc (didn't like sampleverb!) patch bay monitors amp and some old guitar pedals.... its stable!

Message 5/13             27-Nov-97  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Hilevelt

-PC, 'cause my pops gave it to me
-k2000rs, 'cause it's great and other people can understand it when doing collaberations
-Matrix-6r & (2)Matrix-1000, 'cause they're cheap and great and I know how to program them better than anything else
-(2)EMAX SE's and (1)HD, 'cause they just sound so wrong that they're perfect
-Roland s-330, for that prodigy sound (no, just kidding, I got it cheap)
-Peavey sampler, 'cause it and the k2000 are the only two smdi samplers, so they work with Sound Forge. Basically it's a k2000 expander in my setup
-Akai s612, 'cause it's easy and fun and cost me $20. My first sampler, I once cut a whole track using this, a controller, and an outboard moog filter, into a 24-track, written and recorded in 3 hours, of which time was also spent learning how to use it!
-Peavey spectrum filter and spectrum synth, 'cause I thought I was gonna get the PC-1600
-Korg 707, better FM than a DX7
-Yambaha TX81z
-Mackie 1604
-JBL monitors 'cause my teacher works for them
-Philips CDD2000 burner, 'cause it's useful for many applications, not just mastering.

I've got lots more boring, seldom used stuff, but I figured this list is already too long and you all stopped reading long ago. I'm a big Junglist guy so that explains the plethora of samplers (and that's after I sold my e6400 and s50). The peavey is probably the best sampler for budget if you've got sound forge, and don't run out and buy a Matrix just 'cause I've got so many, they've got 2-pole filters and are a bitch to program

Message 6/13             28-Nov-97  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

AvEne

Akai MPC3000 Sampling drum machine/sequencer
Mackie 1604vlz 16 channel mixer
Vestax HDR6 6 track hard disk recorder
Ensoniq SQ80 synthesizer
2x SL1200 turntables
Vestax 05 Pro DJ mixer
Ensoniq DP/2 fx unit
Alesis 3630 compressor
Yamaha REV100 fx unit
Akai S900 12bit sampler
Waldorf Pulse analog synthesizer
Boss RV70 fx unit
Denon DTR2000 dat recorder
Moog Micromoog analog synthesizer
Korg Poly 800 synthesizer
Yamaha NS10m monitors
Intellivision Games machine
Roland PC200mkII controller Keyboard
Yamaha VSS100 sampler (got this for Xmas 86 at age 14)
AMD K6 233mhz computer, 2gig hard drive, 24x CDrom
Reality synth/sampler software
Logic Audio 2.5 sequencing software
Cool Edit 96 wave editor
Making Waves 1.1beta sample sequencer
Vaz synthesizer software
+ lots of other programs I rarely use

Message 7/13             28-Nov-97  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Avene

Damn, that should have all been on separate lines...Anyway forgot to include reasons for using this stuff..basically anything goes, The MPC is the main machine, the HDR6 sounds awesome, the data entry slider on PC200 is used to automate HDR6, Pulse- best analog sound, actually the Micromoog sounds better, but doesn't always work. The fx on the DP/2 are incredible, the Mackie is a very nice sounding desk, but I miss the automation of the Pro Mix I used to own, but it sounded terrible. That's about it.

Message 8/13             28-Nov-97  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Hilevelt

Avene, ya lucky bastard, I'm about to kill someone for one of those Vestax mixers. Have you tried the Apex battle board? We have'nt gotten those yet.

Message 9/13             29-Nov-97  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Avene

Hilevelt, yeah the Vestax is great. I mainly got it for the high quality fader which never seems to wear out, unlike other mixers such as the Geminis. I haven't heard of the Apex though. Pretty new is it?

Message 10/13             29-Nov-97  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Ufo

Oh yea, I'm usin' a casiotone 101 too.

Message 11/13             23-Dec-97  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

PRODUCER

ALESIS QS6,KORG-WAVESTATION SR,EMU DANCE ORBIT V2,ROLAND JV880 MODULE,YAMAHA PSS790,YAMAHA QY700 SEQUENCER WORKSTATION.ALESIS 3630 COMPRESSOR,ALESIS MIDIVERB 4,ALESIS MIDIFEX,DBX 263 DEESSER,BBE MAXIMIZER, AKAI MG614 MULTITRACK.YAMAHA MIXER.YAMAHA MONITORS, AWSOME SET-UP.

Message 12/13             23-Dec-97  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

Mac 5200CD (a little slow), EMAX 2 (old school but still a flexible and great sounding unit), Akai S2000 32 meg (lots of memory, pain-in-the-ass interface), Korg Prophecy (tweaker heaven, great for weird shit), Roland JD990 (phattest digital EVER), Emu Orbit (filters OK, kinda weak waveforms but not bad for general purpose sounds), Waldorf Pulse (best modern analog for basslines I've heard), Boss DR-660 (not too shabby with judicious tweaking), two (2) Yamaha DMP-7 automated digital mixers (not quite an O3D but still one of the best kept secrets of mixerdom), Alesis Quadraverb 2 (serious processing power, if a bit whispy sounding), Microverb 4 (sucks), Waldorf 4-Pole (run raw synth samples thru it and instant beef), Yorkville YSM-1 Monitors (better than Alesis, blow NS-10's away), ART Dual Levelars (front-end for input channels, TUBE BABY!). Well there's my 2 cents... also, don't cut the bagel towards your neck.

Message 13/13             23-Dec-97  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: kit list spectrum

patrick

200mmx,64meg,3.5ghd,Gina,Roland super mpuII ISA card.
Mpc2000,Roland jv-1080,Korg Prophecy w/progenie editor,
Roland Mc 303,Roland Ms1,Roland pc-200 MkII,Ensoniq
wave table,Mackie-1202,Three Sl-1200 MkII Turntables,
Denon 2000 cd mixer,Denon 2000-MkII cd mixer,Pioneer
Djm-500 mixer,Gemini Ps-727,six Cs800,four Cs400, ten
JBL 18in,four Peavy horns, six small peavy monitors,
Boss Dr660,VST,ReBirth,ReCycle,Cakewalk,All the shareware,
I'm saving for Vs880 and a Multitimbral and Polyphony
synth Like one of the new ones.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)