aaa AWE 64GOLD - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: AWE 64GOLD

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             30-Nov-97  @  01:20 PM   -   AWE 64GOLD

master b

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok gang tell me about this shit...kewl fer its price or what?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             30-Nov-97  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

master b

some claim it to be the best in is class... is that shit or not?

Message 3/14             30-Nov-97  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

giraff

I was wondering bout buying the awe64 gold, but everybody kept tellinbg me it's crap. everybody. then I got hold of a second-hand pinnacle which is really great (1/2 price). So my advice is: forget the awe64gold (CreativeLabs make soundcards for gamers, not musicians), and try finding a second hand card (like the pinnacle f.insatnce) or if you're in alot of hurry, I would try out the TurtleBeach new PCI (can't remember the name, sorry) which retails about £150 or less, It's gotten great reviews! J.

Message 4/14             03-Dec-97  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

gamer

yea, but from what I've seen the AWE64 is the most supported card for pc use...right??? kilo???

Message 5/14             04-Dec-97  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

giraff

Ok. My Pinnacle isn't quite compatible with gamez, however it runs perfectly with w95, and it was a piece of cake to install (the new tb-card, the Daytona, is probably as easy to install). So if you're short on card spend it wisely on a soundcard made for music (not for games), try out the Daytona, or an Event card. If you've got lot of dough to spend, try out the terratec ews64. J.

Message 6/14             04-Dec-97  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

gamer

i wasn't referring to the awe64 for gamez, but for all sound applications on pc's I wasd under the impression that EVERYONE supports the Creative labs AWE64???? isn't that true??

Message 7/14             04-Dec-97  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

kilo

well all the sequencers out there will address the awe cards, dont expect too much from the synth tho......

Message 8/14             05-Dec-97  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

freestyle

gamer,
for music and stuff, you'll most likely be running under Win'95 (or NT). Any soundcard that's got Windows dirvers can be addressed by any Windows program that wants to. There's a standard that the drivers are written to, which means that all soundcards can be accessed in the same basic manner. So it really don't matter if you're using an AWE64, Event Gina, or a cheap £20 soundcard off the back of a lorry - everything'll still be able to talk to it.

The differences come in the quality of the Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog conversion, the features of the synth, and other stuff like that. alright?

later...

Message 9/14             07-Dec-97  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

Avene

Link?:  Link

No, they're pretty good... I've never had any problems, and I don't like having to say this, but I think it sounds better than my Akai MPC3000.

Message 10/14             25-Dec-97  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

jan

Could anyone sent me the drivers for soundblaster 64 gold? I would appreciate it!

Message 11/14             28-Dec-97  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

You should check out the Creative FTP site (I'm pretty sure they have one).. Almost every hardware company has drivers lying around in case you lose your disks

Message 12/14             29-Dec-97  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

KILO

YUP..... the awe cards are accessible by standard sb drivers included with windows 95..... the updates are at the creative site....... there's a link direct at the soundblaster page in the soundcards section...... but it's about the quality as the man above said........ they are ok for a couple of hundred.......

there are other options....... check the cards section........ the new turtle DAYTONA is the one he's on about..... I'll have to do a page for it in the new year...... looks very good if you just go for the card for audio output..... all the rest such as extra sounds via system ram doesnt seem to be a bonus.......well, not for studio..... but it looks interesting, cos its a PCI busmaster card... so you should get more tracks.....however, I cant say how it'll go with logic, or vst.....although cakewalk always seems to work with windows cards pretty efficiently.....anyway....it's VERY cheap..... I'd give that one a shot..... at that price, you can forget about the quality of the synth.... if stereo out is enuff for you it seems like a good buy...... but, you have to say that first, does your s/w support multiple cards.?....... if no, then give it a shot...... if yes..... then the starter Event Darla card is only like double the price.... 299..... which is very good for 8 out pci busmaster......

Message 13/14             09-Jan-98  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

alias7

Erghh... Tell me if i'm wrong, but if you use Cubase or some other sequence program with some
syths and only use the synts audio output. Do you then really? need i good soundcard? Cant see
why.... More MIDI channels?

Message 14/14             10-Jan-98  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

kilo

nope.... a cheap nasty one will do it...

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)