aaa Pre-fade aux send/return - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Pre-fade aux send/return

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             03-Dec-97  @  11:10 AM   -   Pre-fade aux send/return

dunce

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi folks,

forgive my ignorance but I've recently bought
a 2nd hand 12:2 mixer. I understand the
purpose of the post-fader aux send/return
i.e to add reverb etc etc, but what's the
point of the pre-fader send/return, I read
somewhere that it can be used for monitoring
channels ...

I'm new to this game so don't hurt me ...

Dunce

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             03-Dec-97  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: Pre-fade aux send/return

David

You need a pre-fade send for monitors so you can change
the overall mix (with faders) but this won't change the
monitor mix (hence the pre-fade buisness). This feature is mostly for soundmen, but it's also good running sound from stage as you can turn down the asshole who needs to be excessively loud on stage in the mains which gives a good mix out front. This can also give a person tracking a mix they like (monitor mix) and not effect whats going to tape.

Message 3/5             03-Dec-97  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Pre-fade aux send/return

kilo

yup....... basically, this control takes a send from the channel, out to wherever.... monitor, fx whatever....... the difference is, that when you drop the channel fader, the output from this control keeps sending at the same level......

Message 4/5             03-Dec-97  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Pre-fade aux send/return

Spud

Another useful featue of the pre-fader send during mix-

If you use this send to go to a reverb unit, for example, it allows you to mute your actual source track and monitor only the effects returns in your mix. This is great on pads when you want them to sound extra "distant". Background vocals, too.

Message 5/5             04-Dec-97  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Pre-fade aux send/return

Cheers guys,

Dunce

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)