aaa DB50XG-XGEDIT-CAKEWALK- - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: DB50XG-XGEDIT-CAKEWALK-

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             03-Dec-97  @  03:03 PM   -   DB50XG-XGEDIT-CAKEWALK-

ghylander

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Uh, can anybody clear the fog up in me' head????
I've got the DB50-XG on a SB16, with a registered XG-EDIT, and Cakewalk Homestudio 6.0. Using XG-EDIT , I can get some killer sounds, but I can't get these dope ass sounds to come out thru cakewalk. All I get is the standard sounds, no FX.
  So, I guess my question is......What is XG-edit good for? How can I use it with Cakewalk to sequence those dope ass sounds??? I've also downloaded some sysex bank stuff, I just can't get it all to work together. Making Waves is becoming my new friend! HELP!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             03-Dec-97  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: DB50XG-XGEDIT-CAKEWALK-

kilo

s-s-s-s-imple !....... when you open cakewlk, and you go to assign a track to a sound.... DO NOT assign the sound/bank & patch on the track area of cakewalk... if you do, then it will overide the settings from the xg...... so open cakewalk, open xg-edit..... select the sound in xg edit.... play it with the keyboard, or some notes in a loop in cakewalk,... then when you've got the basic edit, save it from xg-edit as a sysex file........ then go to cakewalk, and do:

VIEW - SYSEX

on the left hand list, do: LOAD BANK....... Grab the sysex file from wherever you saved it, then load it..... then tick the AUTO button... you'll see a tick appear in the list box on the right... this will cause the sysex file to be sent out when you first load the track......

ok........ so you move to the next cake track....... set the midi channel.... go to xg-edit... select sound.... edit..... re-save the sysex file (overwrite)..... go to cake.... reload.... etc.... get the basics going, or....... set the basic sounds in cakewalk, start the composition, then edit it in xg-edit.... save the whole sysex file.... erase the patch/bank info from the cakewalk tracks area...(just retain the channel info)..... load the sysex... etc......

basically tho.... if you DONT set the bank/patch info in cakewalk, then the xg-edit info will set itself.... you can fine tune it at any time, then re-save the sysex, and load it to cakewalk overwriting the previous settings..... great !!!.. even the fx such as reverb can be edited.... best of all, you can edit individual drums, even applying reverb to seperate drums...... oh yes!!... try a big de-tuned 808 kik with much decay (use the adrs enevelope in 'Drum Mode'

good luck.........

Message 3/5             04-Dec-97  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: DB50XG-XGEDIT-CAKEWALK-

ghylander

Ummm, my version of cakewalk doesn't have the LOAD BANK button you referred to. I can get the virtual piano to play thru XG-EDIT, but it doesn't record in CAKE. I also cannot load a sysex. I clicked on VIEW-SYSEX, all buttons beside auto send were blanked out. And no load bank button. Is this one of ther things they left out of Home Studio?

Message 4/5             06-Dec-97  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: DB50XG-XGEDIT-CAKEWALK-

ghylander

Well, I'm not sure if this was what I was looking for, but I got it to work.
Somethin in the XG-edit help file referred to Hubi's loopback device,
That seemed to work quite well. I still can't load the sysex, but it doesn't
seem to want it, will I need it sooner or later????????

Message 5/5             08-Dec-97  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: DB50XG-XGEDIT-CAKEWALK-

kilo

well, try the RECIEVE button...... then send a dump over from the xg exit s/w........

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)