aaa mixdown - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: mixdown

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             04-Dec-97  @  08:23 AM   -   mixdown

pmeehan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Any good resources online about mixdown stuff- eq's, compression, mastering blah blah.....

I know what all the terms are and mean, but I haven't got the big picture. Any good books you can buy on the subject?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             04-Dec-97  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: mixdown

David

Have you checked here (mixers and mixing and effects sections etc.)? Also, sonicstate has a "tweak of the week" feature with alot of tips and you may check mix mag or EQ for back articles. The best thing is experiment and take your mixes around to alot of friends stereos and check em against mixes you like.

Message 3/8             04-Dec-97  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: mixdown

pmeehan

David,

Kilos sections are interesting and quitee useful - as are tips and tricks from other dites, but I need some depth, ground up stuff, you know.

Message 4/8             04-Dec-97  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: mixdown

kilo

well, what do you want to know....?/... let's take them one at a time....

Message 5/8             05-Dec-97  @  06:36 AM   -   RE: mixdown

pmeehan

sorted

Message 6/8             07-Dec-97  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: mixdown

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Lately the Ensoniq EP pro came down in price, and it's supposed to be a baby TC Finalizer. I'm considering getting it, or a BBE and an ART tube compressor. But what's so great about the Finalizer to begin with? Also, BBE vs. Aphex? The Beringer Ultrafex is complete trash for mastering, if anyone's wondering, though I'm curious about opinions on the Composer.

Message 7/8             07-Dec-97  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: mixdown

David

I've got a Behringer Dualfex II which is comparable to aphex. I much prefer Aphex to BBE as we had problems with overloading a BBE and getting distortion in a live situation, and never any worries with the Aphex.

I'm curious about Finalezers too. It's main thing is different compression at different frequencies but 2 grand is alot of buckolas. That Behringer Mastercom does the dif compression stuff but I haven't messed with one.

I've read some killer reviews on that Art dual levelor, anyone tried it?

Message 8/8             08-Dec-97  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: mixdown

Spud

Hilevelt - I have used the Composer extensively, and can attest to it's excellent performance considering it's price. For under $250, nothing comes close. Stay away from the Autocom, however, it's an absolute piece of shit.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)