aaa Help; soundcard(?) problem - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help; soundcard(?) problem

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             08-Dec-97  @  02:16 AM   -   Help; soundcard(?) problem

ratfink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i just installed win 95 after my hard disk crashed. also installed video and sound card drivers. WHY WON'T REBIRTH, HAMMERHEAD AND RUBBERDUCK WORK??? this is what happens: i start these programs and the whole system S-L-O-O-O-W-S down until the program just hangs. i don't have this problem with vaz, orangator, making waves. does it have something to do with direct x? i'm using a crap yamaha oplsax(?) card. it used to work fine before the crash. what do these programs have in common htta could help explain the problem? thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             08-Dec-97  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Help; soundcard(?) problem

Richard

Maybe it's because Hammerhead, Rubberduck, and Rebirth are all from areas of Europe like Sweden or Germany, but the programs that work like Vaz and Making Waves are from England. Not sure where Orangtor's from.

Message 3/5             08-Dec-97  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Help; soundcard(?) problem

freestyle

arrogant fucking brit! only joking....but don't get me started  

later...

Message 4/5             09-Dec-97  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: Help; soundcard(?) problem

Try reinstalling DirectX or make sure you have the latest DirectX driver

Message 5/5             10-Dec-97  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: Help; soundcard(?) problem

Sedusa66

I've got no idea about Hammerhead (As it always works for me), but try using Rebirth and Rubberduck with MME drivers as opposed to DirectX... those two programs HATE DirectX on my system.. They crash the motherfucker almost every time.. So try it without 'em..

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)