aaa Favorite hardware sequencer...and why! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             09-Dec-97  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

Avene

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Akai MPC3000 - Best timing, 4 midi outs, 2 midi ins, MMC, doesn't crash, good display, step edit is excellent, 99 tracks, MTC, looks good, has internal sampler, drum pads, doesn't make any noise like a computer, SCSI, easy to understand editing, etc, etc..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             10-Dec-97  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

freestyle

Link?:  No link

for all you aussies out there - A post I spotted on usenet :

Alesis MMT-8 8 track sequencer, compact unit $50 Australian

email to L.Monsour@sct.gu.edu.au
Brisbane.

Seems like great value...

PS : I don't know the guy or have anything to do with him, I just saw the post...

Message 3/7             10-Dec-97  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

kilo

y'know... this started me thinking..... we should have a page dedicated to hardware sequencers..... but I had a look around the web, and alot of them I know of or used, are not there to check the spec's like amount of notes ...

Message 4/7             10-Dec-97  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

kilo

my money goes on the Yamaha QX-1, QX-5 FD, and the Roland MC-500 range, cos they all had disk drives.... ensonique made some cool ones like the SQD-1...... then there's the Alesis MMT-8.... the old Yammy QX-5 (non-floppy version) was my workhorse for years..... good enuff to do a whole set....... it's great, cos you get 8 tracks that can be switched off & on during the set....

Message 5/7             11-Dec-97  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

maybe you could get around the spec's issue by simply putting up your opinions (as well as the box's features--which would be spec's, I guess) and allowing others to do the same (as you already do). I for one would be rather pleased to see a page dedicated to sequencers (especially since I know nothing about them).
--
Brad

Message 6/7             11-Dec-97  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Kilo, have you tried the sequencer in the latest OS of the k2000. It's supposed to be fairly comprehensive. I used to have a Kawai k5000w which had a nice sequencer. All graphics like with the Trinity but with more interesting sounds. I kinda miss it (regret)

Message 7/7             11-Dec-97  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Favorite hardware sequencer...and why!

kilo

no i dont..... my K2 has an old s/w version, that frankly I cant be arsed to upgrade,.... it does what I want it too already......

hey tho !!... I added a hardware sequencer page just for you !.....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)