aaa JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             09-Dec-97  @  01:29 AM   -   JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm planning to buy a synth in the near future, but, I can't decide weather to take a JP 8000 or a Nordlead2. And now there's this new Novation Supernova. Can someone help me and tell me what's the best synth, and why it is! I want to make ambient, techno and triphop with it. much real time control is a must. Please advice me!!! Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             09-Dec-97  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

jp8000

Message 3/10             09-Dec-97  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Djadun

one synth wont do it all. Im no pro but the jp8000 kicks ass, I dont know the others really. It is a good board though, good pads for ambiant and trance.

Message 4/10             09-Dec-97  @  06:55 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

patrick

The Nordlead smokes the JP.

Message 5/10             09-Dec-97  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

With original Nords going so cheap with 12-voice, why worry about the 2? If anything, the Nord 2, the Virus, and the Supernova all seem to be more powerful than anyone really needs. Does anybody else agree?

I mean, if you're really after unique sounds, every piece of kit sounds different anyway, so wouldn't it be better to have lots of stuff that don't individually do so much? Although I do realize that the Virus and the Supernova are bargains compared to the JP, I also question their validity.

Kilo, maybe you could talk Novation into releasing a cheap polyphonic BassStation. What's wrong with REAL analog?

Message 6/10             09-Dec-97  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Avene

The JP8000 sounds digital to my ears..go the Nord.. I haven't heard the Supernova or Virus

Message 7/10             09-Dec-97  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

misterblu

well, they all sound pretty digital compared to the real thing, I picked my Jp up for cheaper than I could get the nord for at the time.. but I think it depends more on how well you use it...

tip: turn down the high end on these new "virtual" analogs and it won't sound so digital...

just saw a Jp-8000 for $850 obo the other day....whew!

they're all capable synths and none of them sounds "bad" unless you can't create good sounds yourself...

my .02 cents...

Message 8/10             09-Dec-97  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hey Hilevelt - cheap polyphonic analog? I don't think so - each voice means extra circuits, more VCOs, VCFs, VCAs. That's how some of the Oberheim synths could be expanded - you simply added more voice modules by spending more $$$s (sorry - no sterling key on my keyboard). Similarly, Waldorf have updated the Pulse's o/s so that you can chain a number of them together to make a poly. But - for each extra voice you have to buy another Pulse. If you skimp on the circuitry you end up with a compromise situation like the Korg Poly 800 where all the oscillators went through the same filter (and amp as well if i recall correctly). Not very satisfying as this can lead to a very thin sound... Thus because of the extremely high costs of manufacturing analog polys any company producing them has to trim their profit margins dramatically in order to stay competitive. Particularly when the majority of the competition is digitally rendered stuff which is far cheaper (they're based on mass-produced DSPs, whereas a lot of the most famous analog synthesizer were based around custom designed and built components - that Moog ladder filter for example). So it 's unlikely that any cheap analog polys are looming over the horizon. Your best bet is to keep looking for cheap oldies.

Message 9/10             09-Dec-97  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Avene

Poly 800s sound great...Problem with mine was that the batteries died and I lost all my presets. I'm too lazy to program it at the moment..

Message 10/10             10-Dec-97  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: JP-8000 vs. Nordlead2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Patrick

Hey, Kilo why don't ya put a patch sample page so we can
here all these warm sounds every ones doing "via RA demo"
We can send a short clip to ya!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)