aaa cakewalk or cubase???? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: cakewalk or cubase????

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             12-Dec-97  @  01:05 PM   -   cakewalk or cubase????

misterblu

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey all,

I'm finally cutting my workstation umbilical cord (selling the N364) in favor of a controller and software sequencer...

I don't need the Hard disk recording...just sequencing... which is better in this respect... what is the oldest version i can get away with?

Also, whats the easiest way to put a midi out on my pc??? I was planning on just using an AWE64...

thanks...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             12-Dec-97  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: cakewalk or cubase????

kilo

best is Cubase on an Atari.....triggering your PC card via midi in... Ataris are 1000% more stable, and have 100% better timing than a pc or mac.....

next, Cubase 2.8 on PC or Cakewalk Pro audio on pc... cakewalk has better facilities for GM & soundcard synths....... but I feel cubase is better as a straight sequencer...... These pc prog's can be found secondhand alot.... for new, if you are tite for money, try Cubasis, (you can upgrade in future, or any of the lower Cakewalk programmes, like Studio, Songstation, Pro, or whatever....

Message 3/3             13-Dec-97  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: cakewalk or cubase????

misterblu

what model atari are you using?? and also, what version of Cubase would I need to get?? stable would be nice for a change...

thanks again...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)