aaa what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             19-Dec-97  @  12:48 AM   -   what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anybody know? Do the new ones make these
sounds?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             19-Dec-97  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I'm of the opinion that that song has one of the most stunning examples of poor sampling.. The breakdown, which builds to the extremely flaccid climax of "G-g-g-g-g-g-get busy child!"... Talk about lame... DOn't get me wrong, some of the other songs on there are good, but that one kinda lags.. The synth's alright, tho.. Oh, and I hate the weak ass breakbeat at the beginning.. OK, I'll stop trashing that song now.. Sorry I couldn't help you out on the synth

Message 3/8             19-Dec-97  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

patrick

I agree, but these mother fuckers are makeing money.
There's not a night that goes by that the kids don't
flip out, are you gona play cristal Method, Prodigy, or
Chimical Brothers. What kills me is I played Old style
Prodigy Charley stuf no body would dance to it. It blows
away there shit today. Same goes for early Chimical and
Cristal. There old shit blows there "Sold-Out Shit".
but, now is when there the shit????? It's like there's
not any Hard-Core People left.............Oh well, We know
what's up......!!!!!!!!!

Message 4/8             19-Dec-97  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

Hilevelt

hey Patrick, I just got done touring around with Atari Teenage Riot, Shizuo, and Ec8tor. RIOT-RIOT-RIOT!!! Me hardcore enough. They took me to a place called "The Museum of Death" in San Diego. I also got asked to be in the next Crystal Method video, and'll do it even though they SUCK!!!

y'know, they use that same synth in just about every song, so finding out what it is does you no good anyway. Fuckin' tweakers. No shit they're tweakers, didn't they used to dj a nudie bar in Las Vegas?

Message 5/8             22-Dec-97  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

Hilevelt

'kay, we finished the video, just a 2-day shoot. It's actually for a good track, "Keep Hope Alive", that the group did for City of Angels about 2 1/2 years ago. I actually got one from the first pressing, and it was great at the time, but none of us dancers like big beat any more! Ah well, you guys can look for me 'cause I ended up getting featured, I'm one of the Asian guys.

Through the whole shoot, the guys just held their keyboards by the ends and shook them up and down. Finally, in a mighty ecstatic frenzy, Scott lifts his hand high into the air and lays it down on a big, triumphant C-chord. HA-HA

Anyway, they were playing some crap Korg synths right before they picked them up and threw them at the riot police/actors. Trashed. Korg DW8000 & Poly-61 (go get 'em, sucker!!!)

Message 6/8             23-Dec-97  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

Avene

Hilevelt, that'll be your claim to fame....In 40 years time you'll be able to show the video, or err, 800gig DVD or whatever it maybe to your grandkids, and say "look that was me!"...And they'll just laugh at you and the music, aswell the fact that you came from a era long gone, when TV sets never hung on the wall like paintings, when appliances were'nt controlled by voice commands and when audio visual entertainment was only 2 dimensional...

Oh, and I'm sorry to sound ignorant, but who the hell are crystal method anyway ????

Message 7/8             24-Dec-97  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

micro

There's been something about them in Keyboard magazine in the past couple of months, saying what synths they use, etc.

Message 8/8             24-Dec-97  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: what synth was used in busy child -Kristal M

micro

There's been something about them in Keyboard magazine in the past couple of months, saying what synths they use, etc.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)