aaa TB303 dilemma revisited - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: TB303 dilemma revisited

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             19-Dec-97  @  03:10 AM   -   TB303 dilemma revisited

bpi

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Well I did it...I am now the proud owner of a 303 (fucking cheap--at current exchange rate: $US55   It's lots of fun but really limited right? My question: should I sell it for top bucks/quid and get myself a complete setup? If so, what? I want to do dancey type tunes. I currently have a P133 'puter, with a crap yamaha opl3sax soundcard, 4trak cassette recorder, guitar amp and some old effects boxes, that's it! I've checked out the budget midi kit section and the db50xg looks mighty appealing...or should I just hold onto the 303 and pass it on to my grandchildren? Can anyone help me come up with a cheap but fairly complete setup I can get for the current selling price of a 303? Help...ratfink

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             19-Dec-97  @  05:41 AM   -   RE: TB303 dilemma revisited

southpole

Well done man - nice find. Keep it.

Message 3/8             19-Dec-97  @  06:04 AM   -   RE: TB303 dilemma revisited

yid

The price of the 303 is dropping all the time...think your
hoping if you think you can swap a 303 for a complete
set-up. I'll probably see the ad next week:FOR SALE
1 tb303. Will swap for a synth,mixer,pc with cubase,
drum machine,analogue synth and sampler. Plus all the
midi cables and leads.Dream on .......

Message 4/8             19-Dec-97  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: TB303 dilemma revisited

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Yea,... Sell it now or keep it... But think, You can get some good money for it, and don't you think that people are going to be puking themselves by next year after sheer overexposure of the 303? ... That's not to say that I wouldn't keep it.. But the smart choice would be to sell the fucker.

Message 5/8             22-Dec-97  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: TB303 dilemma revisited

no man i don't at all mean that i can get a full blown studio from selling the 303 (sorry for being unclear, i was down with the flu then and combined with delirium and fucking with the sequencer on the thing i was a bit spaced...), what im saying is selling it would give me the cash to get a decent sampling soundcard; i already have the computer: along with cakewalk, rebirth, vaz, cool edit etc. i'd be better of than with an ornery little box that only does one thing (damn well though i must say). any thoughts? any other setups i can put together? kilo suggests i sell the 4trak instead and get the terratec card...what do you think? anyone? thanks...

Message 6/8             22-Dec-97  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: TB303 dilemma revisited

Sedusa

Actually, I say, spend about a week with the motherfucker.. Play the fuck out of it like every day, and sample it as much as you can.. By the end of the week, either you'll realize that you got some good acid lines and since that's all the 303 can do, the time you spent sampling was worth it, or you'll fall in love with the little bastard, and there's your answer.

Message 7/8             27-Dec-97  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: TB303 dilemma revisited

Hilevelt

You originally went on about how clean it is, and if that's so, it'll always fetch top dollar. I have a friend who got one straight from Roland out of back stock clean, clean, clean; he has several people calling him on a weekly basis begging him to sell it in the range of $1200.

Message 8/8             06-Jan-98  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: TB303 dilemma revisited

actually it looked much cleaner in the store...doesn't matter though cause i've alreafdy decided to keep it (unless someone wants to swap a synth,mixer,pc with cubase, drum machine,analogue synth and sampler. Plus all the midi cables and leads. ;) BUT HELP! something seems to be ailing my little box...when the batteries ran out, i lost all the sequences in memory and the now the thing won't play at all...i can program notes into it, note values, accent etc. but when i push run/start...NOTHING. the same thing happened to my 606 before but i gave it a few days rest and it seems back to normal now. IS THIS NORMAL BEHAVIOR WITH XOX STUFF?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)