aaa Hip Hop tracks - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Hip Hop tracks

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             19-Dec-97  @  07:21 PM   -   Hip Hop tracks

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What shareware software are you hip hop producers using to make hip hop tracks?Is the new mixman studio program any good

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             22-Dec-97  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: Hip Hop tracks

ratfink

i'm kinda new to this but i don't think any hip hop producer worth his street credentials would admit to using mixman in his traks...i just saw that software in music and computers (something like that) magazine yestrday and it seemed to be little more than a toy...i could be wrong...

Message 3/7             22-Dec-97  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Hip Hop tracks

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I downloaded the demo for that thing, just on a whim, not expecting it to be of any use, just expecting to have fun.. 5 minutes later, my girlfriend was hitting me and yelling at me to turn the fucking thing off.. And she puts up with a lot.. She'll be forced to listen as I tweak the same fucking drumbeat for hours on end until I get it right, listen to me as I truncate loops, try to eliminate clicks, and so on, and so on.. So anyways, that program pissed my girlfriend who actually gets a kick out of repetition ( I think.. or else she's got more patience some times than others) off so bad she hit me.. I say burn your copy.. Burn, burn, burn... I can give you a guarantee your'e not gonna score any chicks with it, anyways.

Message 4/7             22-Dec-97  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: Hip Hop tracks

Spot

I also downloaded mixman expecting it to be a shit little toy , but its actually a pretty good toy, the samples it uses are clean and crisp and you can just sit there pressing keys on yer keyboard to activate the samples, great fun for all the family ;)

Message 5/7             23-Dec-97  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: Hip Hop tracks

kilo

yup....mixman is distributed by time and space ... it's a new format, and like hammerhead, you have to convert .wav files to their own format, to load into mixman.... there are plans to rlease tracks by well known artists which you can....er....remix... at home.... yup... it's fun, but it's not really a studio s/w for composition, although technically, you could do it....

Message 6/7             23-Dec-97  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: Hip Hop tracks

Sedusa

Bump-Bump-Bump by Generic Dance Band (fUTILITY Ultra-Hardcore Mixman Edit)
yea right

Message 7/7             24-Dec-97  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Hip Hop tracks

kilo

heh heh....... he said generic !!!!........ but this is a good point..... cos with more and more pc s/w coming out that allows this, then where is dance gonna go ??........... cos pretty soon, there will be sooooo much generic stuff around.. (yup...more than now even !!).....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)