aaa SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             29-Dec-97  @  04:10 PM   -   SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

KILO

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK NEW YEARS SURVEY.... IF YOU USE PRO-AUDIO WITH A PC....... SIGN IN HERE AND SAY:

"WHICH VERSION....5...OR ....6 ?"

"DOES IT WORK ?"

"HOW MANY TRACKS ?"

"ANY GLITCHES ?"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             05-Jan-98  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

chris.thomas

Version 6

Yep, no problems with install etc, never ever crashes the PC

at least 9 on K6,200 32Mb, I'll do some tests this evening, see if I can make it dropout.

The effects are noisy if you edit in real time, but no worse than Wavelab.
Very occasionally, if you record some audio, it will record about 1/2 a bar out of sync (I think if I had enough RAM, this would be cured)
I can't make it control NRPN's on my DB50XG(Filter Cutoff to be specific), it records the controller info but when you playback, the notes come out, and you can still control the filter manually but CW won't do it (It's probably me being a fuckwit but i can't sort it)
Gererally, I can't complain. The user interface is good and the playback timing is fuckin rock solid even with more than one soundcard.

Message 3/10             05-Jan-98  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

freestyle

Version 6

I've got 6 tracks - never bothered to go higher. On a K5-PR100, 32MB EDO RAM, Maxtor 71048A Hard-Drive (~4MB/sec. throughput).

No glitches, but it won't give decent performance with 16MB RAM - you need 32MB, at least.

The MIDI side works, but editing is fairly limited. Overall, it does the basics well, but without any of the frills that Logic & Cubase give you. Then again, it doesn't crash :-).

later...

Message 4/10             14-Jan-98  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

somebodytwo

does not crash eh? cubase is a disaster on my machine. anybody have info on obtaining pro audio (full version)? :-)

bc

Message 5/10             14-Jan-98  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

kilo

yup...... I tried the V6 demo.... and as it plays, my mouse pointer leaps around the screen like it's on speed.... one second it's there, then it jumps and appears at random locations all over the screen.... fucking weird..... V5 on my machine is 100% solid..... never crashes,,,,, never glitches etc......

Cubase...... hmmmmm...........dunno what to say about that one....... the VST seems to have a randomiser built in.. (only joking folks).... but.... there is such a HUGE disparity between systems and the ability to deliver the goods...... dunno what to say about it.... cakewalk is definately more stable... version 5 that is..... mind you, IF you can get VST to work, it's very good..... although the controller & definition section of cakewalk is FAR superior.... for some reason, Cubase, regardles of version, NEVER seems to draw controllers in smoothly, or as easily as cakewalk....

Message 6/10             15-Jan-98  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

SoMeBodY

Kilo:

is that V5 demo or full?

Message 7/10             16-Jan-98  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

uh, I've got a guy that programs CAL for me, and he seems to be able to get anything out of Cakewalk that Cubase can do. Don't know about Logic.

Message 8/10             12-Feb-98  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

DJBooBooKitty

V6 works great, but the reverb and chorus directx plugins sound really grainy. I can run about 12 tracks on my pentium 166/32mb. I haven't yet come up with something that can't be done in Cakewalk, and I've only crashed it once. Ever. Really. And it was probably my fault.

Message 9/10             02-Mar-98  @  08:57 AM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

bpi

HI!

1. Can anyone out there help???

2. I'm thinking of getting V6. Do you recommend it?

3. Will it run the Yamaha TG-33 module?

4. How do I hook it up to my PC?

5. Can I get a MIDI interface for my PC with Din sync, so I can run the TG-33 and a Roland TB-303 at the same time?

6. How many tracks of audio can I get with 16MB RAM?

please reply at the above address or on this page soonest...

thanx: Ratfink

Message 10/10             02-Mar-98  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: SURVEY : CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO

dchalfon

v6.1 works.

i had some problems (p166/48mb ram/2.5 w. digital) with v5 and the digital audio, so i upgraded to the new one and up to now - no pain.

the fx are a crap, but i think other programs do this job better, they just could make the audio files easier to backup (maybe something with the .mid).

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)