aaa SYX type files in Cubase - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SYX type files in Cubase

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             05-Jan-98  @  06:01 PM   -   SYX type files in Cubase

Shark02

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How the hell do I get a system exclusive file
into Cubase? I've found some Prophecy patches on the net which i'd like to download
into my Korg. These are syx type files but I
cannot see that file type as an option in the
open file box. What am I missing here?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             05-Jan-98  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: SYX type files in Cubase

kilo

BLOODY HELL......... TELL ME ABOUT IT !!!.....

Message 3/5             05-Jan-98  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: SYX type files in Cubase

Shark

Erm.. I take it that this is a known shortfall with Cubase?
If so it's a bloody crap one!!. Do any other s/ware
sequencers work with syx type files?

Message 4/5             08-Jan-98  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: SYX type files in Cubase

kilo

cracked it.....
ok.... well outside of the obvious (which i assumed you knew how to do, but you wanted to LOAD an already created sysex file, such as from XG-Edit or a sysex sound collection or whatever.....

well the easiest is to simply send a dump from the synth with cubase in record..... but... how to load a saved sysex file.... ead on....

1.) create a part at the beginning of the track...... or wherever you want to insert the sysex... or simply high-light a part to which you want to add sysex file......

2.) open LIST EDIT..... choose a blank grid line at the position where you wish to add, and with the 3rd drop-down menu at the top reading: INS.SYSEX, select the pencil tool, and click on the grid at the desired position..... aha !!.... a little block appears..... very small, like a note........

3.) next..... do menu command MODULES....... go to setup, and tick the sysex editor...... then run MODULES again...... you will see sysex editor as an option..... (make sure the little sysex block you drew in is highlighted, then run the SYSEX editor........

4.) you will see in the editor, a bunch of buttons...... hit the LOAD button....... and load the sysex file from it's location...... then hit OK... and close.....

simple huh ??....... you can boot or drag the sysex file around just as you can with a norte.....

enjoy !!.....

Message 5/5             11-Jan-98  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: SYX type files in Cubase

shark02

Hey,thanks for checking that out Kilo.
Also,a very decent guy called Patrick sent me a
editor that automatically loads sysex files into a
synthesizer. It's a utility called Sex by Jack Dekard.
Anyone who needs a copy then send me a note.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)